Partner Compliance Lead
Compare.com is an enterprise owned by a consortium of insurance carriers from the US and Europe – Admiral Group Plc (the second largest auto insurer in the UK) being the majority owner. The business will reinvent how consumers shop for auto insurance in the US, creating a “Travelocity®” like process for those products. We are building a consumer brand that will become part of the common vernacular. Just as Kleenex is another term for tissue, we intend to be the same for online comparison shopping, initially for auto insurance and then expanding to other related insurance and unrelated financial services. Sound interesting? If so, keep reading.
THE PERSON & THE CULTURE
So what’s it like to be an employee of compare.com? At compare.com, we are different, maybe even a bit counter culture. We firmly and wholeheartedly believe that people who like what they do, do it better and we go out of our way to ensure that coming to work is enjoyable. Doing the job and doing it well is the key no matter who you are. At compare.com we are a team, we work as a team and if we fall, we fall as a team and lean on each other to pick us up. Effective interaction with the team is required just as is challenging each other’s ideas to come to the best possible solution. We are looking for someone who comes with a wealth of good ideas on their own but also recognizes the inherent creativity in all of us and accepts willingly that the next great idea may not be their own genesis. Flexibility is key, as we plan for long-term but adjust continuously.
Compare.com offers an honest and open culture and every member of our staff is treated as an equal. Achievement is recognized and rewarded, but most of all coming to work is fun. We work hard to produce high quality work but we like to play hard as well. There are many fun things to do at compare.com to help the average workday go by; a Lego wall board to bring the kid out in you, or a treadmill and exercise bike to use while typing that email, or if you just want to sit and read a book we have a library area for you. Every day is a fun day at compare.com, now the question is, does this sound appealing to you!
This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded person who enjoys making a difference in a start-up company. This position will be responsible for measuring and monitoring partner and compare.com compliance with contractual obligations to drive performance, improve customer experience and ultimately protect revenue generation for the business. Most of our partners are insurance companies with a current focus on personal auto insurance. Our approach to partner performance management is very data-driven, so the right person for this role will have strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to design and implement efficient and effective audit procedures to deliver tangible results aligned with our business model. He/she will have the strong desire to keep learning and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment.
- Develop and implement efficient and effective audit procedures to drive performance, improve customer experience and protect or enhance revenue generation for compare.com.
- Visit partners with account management or analyst support, as needed to execute audits; develop and deliver audit reports promptly following each visit.
- Collaborate with account managers to assess partner risk and assign audit priority based upon expected business impact and work with account managers to plan/execute audits.
- Oversee the development and execution of cross-functional programs and processes to support partner performance and contract compliance (e.g. sales reporting procedures, call monitoring, customer contact audits, licensing issues, billing issues) and work with account managers to implement corrective actions when problems are identified with either partner or compare.com performance.
- Assess impact and effectiveness of contract terms and conditions on achieving compare.com goals and objectives; recommend modifications, as needed, to carrier management and business development leadership.
- Monitor carrier management department compliance with defined processes, procedures and project plans to help assess operational risk in alignment with overall compare.com Governance processes; identify areas for corrective action or recommend changes to processes, procedures or project plans to better meet business objectives.
- Build an effective and productive working relationship with teammates across all compare.com departments as well as international counterparts to development and adoption of best practices.
- Some administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, business focus preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant audit experience, insurance focus strongly preferred.
- Experience working with external partners or multiple departments across large organizations strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, process and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with proficiency in multitasking and balancing competing priorities
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges with minimal supervision
- Travel: moderate within US to visit partner companies; possible opportunity for international travel
At this time, compare.com will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Compare.com is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes a drug-free environment.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.