Real Christmas Tree or Fake Christmas Tree?
If you’re on the fence about which type of tree you’d prefer, here are the pros for both options.
The Pro’s of a real Christmas tree
Real Christmas trees might be more effort and messier, but there are lots of reasons why a real Christmas tree might be for you. If any of these reasons appeal to you, go with the real tree:
- The smell of a real tree: While you can buy seasonal air fresheners to make your fake tree smell more like a real tree, there’s no scent that will provide you the exact same piney scent of a real tree, other than an actual real tree.
- No need for storage: If you go the fake Christmas tree route, you need a place to store the tree year-round. While that might not be an issue if you’re in a house, if you’re in an apartment, finding a spot for a tree might be an issue. A real tree can get thrown out and replaced every year, taking up zero storage space.
- Picking out your tree is an experience: Nothing gets you into the holiday spirit like driving to a Christmas tree farm, picking the perfect tree, tying it to the top of your car and taking it home with you. It’s a few hours of a fun holiday tradition, which can’t be matched with pulling out the fake tree from the basement.
The Pro’s of a fake Christmas tree
Fake Christmas trees might not smell as great as real Christmas trees, but they are certainly still a good option. Here are 3 reasons to buy a fake Christmas tree:
- Cost effective: The start-up cost of a fake tree could potentially be more expensive than a real tree, but over time it can save you quite a bit of money. Then again, you can save even more money if you buy a cheap fake Christmas tree and reuse it every year.
- Very easy: If you’re not looking for the experience of picking out a tree (which, let’s be real, might be a cold, dirty job if you’re sawing it down yourself), then grabbing a fake tree is for you. You can quickly get into the holiday spirit without even having to leave the house. Plus, some of them even come with lights already on them, which cuts down decorating time.
- Cleaner: Real Christmas trees smell and look wonderful, but are nowhere near as clean as fake trees. Real trees drop needles, leave sap on ornaments and can trail dirt and bugs into your house. Fake trees are plagued with none of these concerns.
Either way you go, there’s no wrong answer. We hope you have a happy holiday!