Call Center Agent
Compare.com is an enterprise owned by a consortium of insurance carriers from the US and Europe – Admiral Group Plc (the second largest auto insurer in the UK) being the majority owner. The business will reinvent how consumers shop for auto insurance in the US, creating a “Travelocity®” like process for those products. We are building a consumer brand that will become part of the common vernacular. Just as Kleenex is another term for tissue, we intend to be the same for online comparison shopping, initially for auto insurance and then expanding to other related insurance and unrelated financial services. Sound interesting? If so, keep reading.
THE PERSON & THE CULTURE
So what’s it like to be an employee of compare.com? At compare.com, we are different, maybe even a bit counter culture. We firmly and wholeheartedly believe that people who like what they do, do it better and we go out of our way to ensure that coming to work is enjoyable. Doing the job and doing it well is the key no matter who you are. At compare.com we are a team, we work as a team and if we fall, we fall as a team and lean on each other to pick us up. Effective interaction with the team is required just as is challenging each other’s ideas to come to the best possible solution. We are looking for someone who comes with a wealth of good ideas on their own but also recognizes the inherent creativity in all of us and accepts willingly that the next great idea may not be their own genesis. Flexibility is key, as we plan for long-term but adjust continuously.
Compare.com offers an honest and open culture and every member of our staff is treated as an equal. Achievement is recognized and rewarded, but most of all coming to work is fun. We work hard to produce high quality work but we like to play hard as well. There are many fun things to do at compare.com to help the average workday go by; a Lego wall board to bring the kid out in you, or a treadmill and exercise bike to use while typing that email, or if you just want to sit and read a book we have a library area for you. Every day is a fun day at compare.com, now the question is, does this sound appealing to you?
Our Call Center Agent position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded person who enjoys making a difference in a start-up company. This position is responsible for responding to the needs of customers with timely, accurate, and professional delivery. This person will be the face of compare.com to our customers. The right person for this role must have excellent verbal communication and written communication in chat setting, phone skills (active listening, empathy, etc), data entry, and be knowledgeable in insurance policy sales.
We are looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, as well as analytical, self-starting and organized. He or she will also be capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities, with a strong desire to take on more responsibility as compare.com grows.
- Answer inbound phone calls from customers who are in the process of receiving a quote through compare.com
- Make outbound phone calls to customers who requested a callback from compare.com
- Answer live chat requests from customers
- Establish insurance policies for customers who have selected to purchase through one of the insurance partners that we close policies for
- Warm transfer customers to insurance company partners for policy sale
- Required: Maintains Property and Casualty insurance license
- Assists customers through quote process
- Collects and enters customer information to help complete quotes or finalize policy sales
- Establishes policies by entering client information; confirming pricing
- Maintains communication equipment by reporting problems
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
At this time, compare.com will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Compare.com is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes a drug-free environment.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.