Acura RDX Car InsuranceJune 02, 2014
Compare Acura RDX car insurance quotes
- Save time by filling out a single form
- Get accurate quotes from multiple auto insurance companies
- Save money on your Acura RDX car insurance by choosing the best car insurance rate that fits your needs
Acura RDX: Fun Facts
- Acura and Marvel partnered up to cross-promote the manufacturer’s vehicles, including the RDX, and films such as “Iron Man 2” and “The Avengers.”
- The first generation Acura RDX featured a Honda turbocharged gasoline engine.
- The Acura RDX is built in Marysville, Ohio.
Acura RDX Safety Info
The 2014 Acura RDX may not have as many electronic safety features as comparable luxury crossovers, such as a lane-departure warning system, but it comes with impressive NHTSA crash test data, including an overall 5/5 rating, a frontal rating of 5/5, a side rating of 5/5, and a rollover rating of 4/5. The RDX also comes with Acura’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, which is built to absorb energy during collisions.
- Ventilated front disc / solid rear disc brakes
- Daytime running lights, ad front fog/driving lights
- Xenon high intensity discharge lamp
- 4-wheel ABS
- Remote anti-theft alarm system
- Front and rear head airbags
- Engine immobilizer
- Three rear headrests
- Traction control
- Child seat anchors
Typical Acura RDX Car Insurance Discounts
- Affinity group membership discounts
- Safe driving discount
- Discounts for purchasing policies online
- Good student
- Retired and/or 55+
- Receive a quote for Acura RDX auto insurance
The first Japanese auto luxury brand, Acura is a division of Honda Motor Company. Launched in 1986, Acura updated and expanded its fleet of high-end vehicles in the 2000s, sparking a revival of the brand. The car manufacturer’s Mobility Program works to ensure that disabled drives are safe in their vehicles, and offers reimbursements for adaptive equipment and modifications.
About the Acura RDX
A compact luxury crossover that rolled out into lots in August of 2006, the Acura RDX has quickly built a loyal following of drivers seeking superior handling and attention to detail. Powered by a 3.5-liter V6 and a six-speed transmission, the Acura RDX also boasts all-wheel drive and better-than-expected cargo room. According to Edmunds.com editors: “In reviews, we’ve been impressed by the RDX’s quick acceleration, relaxed highway cruising demeanor, precise steering and composed (if not quite as sharp as its stiff-riding forebear’s) handling on curvy blacktop.” In 2013, about 44,000 Acura RDX cars were sold in the United States.
Acura RDX Environmental Impact
The 2014 Acura RDX features solid fuel efficiency for a crossover vehicle, boasting up to 19 miles per gallon in the city and 27 miles per gallon on the highway.