Dodge Avenger Car Insurance
Compare Dodge Avenger auto insurance quotes online
- Save time by filling out just one form
- Get fast and accurate insurance quotes from multiple car insurance companies
- Compare rates and policy options to save money on your Dodge Dart car insurance.
Fun Facts About the Dodge Avenger
- The Dodge Avenger was originally released in South Africa for the 1975 and 1976 model years. The Avenger ran in America from 1995-2000, and the current generation of the Avenger debuted in 2007.
- The Avenger fills the gap in the Dodge line which was left when they discontinued the Neon in 2006.
- The Avenger was launched with an advertisement where an engineer discovered he could play “Smoke On the Water” on the Avenger’s transmission.
Dodge Avenger Safety Features
- Daytime running lights
- Child Safety locks
- 4-wheel ABS
- Integrated Turn Signal mirrors
Founded in 1900 by a pair of brothers, Dodge’s roots are one hundred percent American. The company was originally a supplier, but by 1915 had begun building complete cars. When the Dodge brothers died in 1925, the company was acquired by Dillon, Read & Co. and then sold to Chrysler in 1928. In the last three-quarters of a century, the brand has changed hands multiple times, and its most recent acquisition was in 2011 by the English company Fiat.
In May of 2014, Fiat announced a major restructuring of the brand. Going forward Dodge will be Fiat’s performance-focused brand, somewhere between Chrysler and Alfa Romeo.
About the Dodge Avenger
The Dodge Avenger is a mid-size sedan that is assembled in Michigan and Mexico. One of its more unexpected features is the heated or cooled cupholders, as well as the “Chill Zone” feature, which allows storage for up to four 12-ounce cans in the glove box, and will keep them a frost 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
The 2014 Avenger ranked 21 out of 21 cars in its class; reviewers say that while it is a decent offering in the class, other competitors beat it out in gas mileage, interior room, and available features. The optional V6 engine has one of the highest horsepower ratings in the class, and both the 4 and 6 liter engines come with either automatic or manual transmissions.
The interior garnered compliments from critics – insofar as “classier than it used to be” is a compliment – and its handling and steering was somewhere in the neighborhood of “adequate”.
Dodge Avenger Environmental Impact
The base Avenger gets 21/30mpg city/highway, which is among the worst in its class. The V6 engine gets 19/29, which is also on the lower end of the spectrum within its class. Dodge has no apparent plans to make their Avenger into a hybrid or even more fuel-efficient.
Compare Dodge Avenger Car Insurance Quotes
Looking to insure your Dodge Avenger? Compare multiple Dodge Avenger auto insurance quotes, side by side. Get fast, accurate auto insurance quotes within minutes.