Honda Pilot Car InsuranceMay 28, 2014
Compare Honda Pilot auto insurance quotes online
- Save time by filling out just one form
- Get fast and accurate insurance quotes from multiple car insurance companies
- Compare rates and policy options to save money on your Honda Pilot car insurance.
Fun Facts About the Honda Pilot
- The Honda Pilot is currently manufactured in Lincoln, Alabama, but until 2007 it was manufactured in Ontario, Canada.
- The Pilot has been on the market since 2002, and is currently in its second generation.
- The second-generation Honda Pilot received some criticism for not being as sexy as other cars in its class, so in 2012 it received a facelift.
Honda Pilot Safety Features
- Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Control
- 4-wheel Disk Brakes and ABS
The Honda Motor Company began in Japan in 1948 as a manufacturer of motorcycles. It wasn’t until 1963 that Honda sold its first four-wheeled vehicle: a mini-pickup truck and a sports car. Honda moved to the United States market in 1986 with the luxury brand Acura. Honda is best known for its compact, durable, fuel-efficient cars: the Honda Civic, Honda Accord, and more recently, the Honda Fit.
About the Honda Pilot
First introduced in 2002, the Honda Pilot is a mid-size crossover SUV, and the largest Honda SUV. The 2012 model received a facelift, and the 2013 model added a review backup camera, 8-inch LCD screen in the center console, USB hookup and hands-free calling and audio streaming.
For a three-row crossover SUV, the Pilot is perfectly serviceable. The V6 engine provides enough power to get you down the road, but critics say it isn’t as much fun to drive as other vehicles in its class, it brakes fairly hard, and the steering does not give much feedback.
The interior of the Honda Pilot is ergonomic, but apparently materials look cheap. Still, it’s comfortable and roomy, especially in the third row, which is traditionally cramped.
Recognition for the Honda Pilot
Car and Driver recognized the Pilot as their Best Large SUV 2003 through 2008. It was also named Edmunds.com’s “Most Wanted SUV” and AMU Auto World’s “World Family Vehicle of the Year.”
Typical car insurance discounts include:
- Good Driver Training
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Anti-Theft devices
- Get a quote for Honda Pilot auto insurance.
Honda Pilot Environmental Impact
As a larger SUV, the Pilot is not exactly a model of fuel efficiency. It gets 18/25 mpg city/highway, which is good for the class, but not great among its competitors.
Compare Honda Pilot Car Insurance Quotes
Looking to insure your Honda Pilot? Compare multiple Honda Pilot auto insurance quotes, side by side. Get fast, accurate auto insurance quotes within minutes.