Mazda 3 Car InsuranceMarch 06, 2014
Compare car insurance quotes for your Mazda3
- Get multiple quotes fast by filling out just one form
- Compare insurance quotes from different car insurance companies
- Save money on your Mazda3 car insurance by comparing rates and policy options.
Mazda3 Fun Facts
- The Mazda3 is the company’s best-selling model of all time.
- The Mazda3 has won over 135 awards since its introduction in 2004.
- The name “Mazda” is derived from Ahura Mazda, an ancient Asian deity who represented wisdom, intelligence and harmony.
Save Money on Mazda3 Car Insurance
The 2013 Mazda3 has been named a 2013 Top Safety Pick Plus by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The new Mazda3 includes advanced safety features that can help you save money on your car insurance. Mazda3 safety features:
- 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS and Brake Assist
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution to ensure maximum stopping power
- Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control System
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Blind spot monitoring system (optional)
Typical car insurance discounts include:
- Safe driver
- Good student
- Retired and/or 55+
- Get a quote for Mazda3 car insurance
A Japanese company, Mazda traces its roots back to 1920, when Jujiro Matsuda founded the Toyo Cork Kogyo Company in Hiroshima, Japan. The company at first manufactured machine parts and then in 1931 produced the Mazda-Go, a three-wheeled truck. In 1958, the company produced its first four-wheeled truck, the Romper, and in 1960 its first two-door car, the Coupe R360.
The company began selling cars in the United States in 1970. Today, some of Mazda’s most popular models in the United States include the compact Mazda3, the Mazda5 hatchback and the CX-5 crossover.
About the Mazda3
The Mazda3 is designed to be a small and affordable car that’s fun to drive. According to Edmunds: “the 2013 Mazda3 will surprise most compact car shoppers with its refined road manners, responsive steering and performance-oriented suspension tuning.” Introduced in 2012, Mazda’s new direct-injected 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, Skyactiv-G, is the primary attraction of the Mazda3.
The 2013 Mazda3 offers a few new electronic features, including a larger screen for the navigation system and a USB audio input for most styles. The 2013 Mazda3 is available in four-door sedan and hatchback body styles, with the choice of six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The sedan offers a choice of five trim levels with varying amenities and the hatchback offers three trim levels.
The 2013 Mazdaspeed3, a zippier racing version of the Mazda3, boasts a 2.3LDOHC 16-valve DISI Turbo engine that cranks out 263 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque. In 2010, the all-new Mazdaspeed3 five-door made its racing debut in the hotly contested KONI Sports Car Challenge. Edmunds calls the Mazdaspeed3 “one of the best-handling and most entertaining hot hatches on a winding road.”
Mazda3 Environmental Impact
Mazda promises “incredible driving with incredible fuel economy” for the 3, and that’s what it delivers. The Mazda3, although only available as a conventional-fuel model, is a fairly green car. Most new 2013 Mazda3 i models get an impressive 40 mpg on the highway and 28 in the city. The brand new 2014 Mazda will do a bit better, with 41 mpg on the highway and 30 in the city. The manual speed versions are just slightly less efficient, getting about one mpg less on each measure than the automatic versions.