Price Guide: How Much Mustang Mach-E Insurance Costs
At Compare.com, it’s our mission to find simple ways to help our customers save money on the things they need. While we partner with some of the companies and brands we talk about in our articles, all of our content is written and reviewed by our independent editorial team and never influenced by our partnerships. Learn about how we make money, review our editorial standards, and reference our data methodology to learn more about why you can trust Compare.com.
The Ford Mustang Mach-E is a battery electric compact crossover SUV that combines impressive performance with an all-electric, zero-emissions powertrain. Fun to drive with impressive range, the car is a hit with driving enthusiasts and families alike eager to break into the electric vehicle scene. The car is the automaker’s effort to carry forth its Mustang pony car heritage to a new generation of drivers who want to embrace speed without the fossil fuels.
With a starting MSRP of $43,895, the Mustang Mach-E is a reasonable entry into the electric vehicle market. But how much is auto insurance should you decide to buy the Mustang Mach-E? To find out, let’s explore the vehicle in more detail and outline Mustang Mach-E insurance costs.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Insurance Cost: What to Expect to Pay
Drivers can expect to pay a monthly premium of $248 on average to insure the Ford Mustang Mach-E, an annual cost of $2,978. As of May 2022, the national average cost of car insurance is $1,248 per year or $104 per month. However, this isn’t totally out of the ordinary. New cars, especially new electric cars like the Ford Mustang Mach-E, tend to cost more to insure due to their higher initial cost.
About the Ford Mustang Mach-E
The 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E all-electric SUV is available in four trim variants, with an ascending level of features in each progressive trim. No matter which trim level of the 2022 model year Mach-E you choose, each comes with Ford’s Phone As A Key technology and a front trunk.
Critics have praised the Mustang Mach-E’s exterior styling, athleticism, and quick acceleration, particularly on the highway. In addition, the car’s luxury-styled cabin is a staple across each trim level, one that offers ample headroom and comfortable seating for up to five passengers.
The following chart illustrates the price of each Ford Mustang Mach-E trim level and the miles of range it can cover with a full battery.
|Ford Mustang Mach-E Trim Level||MSRP||Miles of Range|
|California Route 1||$52,450||314|
|GT Performance Edition||$61,995||270|
4 Factors That Impact Ford Mustang Mach-E Insurance Costs
Before you get a car insurance quote for a Ford Mustang Mach-E, keep in mind that there are four factors that go into how your rate is determined:
- Where you live: More specifically, where you park your vehicle each evening. Vehicles kept on city streets — prone to theft and damage by other vehicles — are usually costlier to insure than those stored in locked garages in the suburbs.
- Model of the vehicle you choose: Choosing the high-end trim level of the Mach-E will be pricier to insure than the base model.
- Personal info and histories: Details like your age, gender, and marital status are used to gauge your insurance costs. Insurance companies also use your driving record and credit history to evaluate your premium.
- Type of insurance coverage you choose: The more expansive the insurance coverage you choose, the higher your car insurance costs. Full coverage, including liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage, will be more expensive than a bare-bones package.
How to Lower Mustang Mach-E Insurance Costs
There are discounts drivers can use to reduce the cost of insurance for their Ford Mustang Mach-E, regardless of which insurance carrier they choose. They include:
- Vehicle safety discounts: for choosing a vehicle with safety features like airbags and anti-lock brakes — which all trim levels of the Mach-E have
- Defensive driving discounts: for taking a course in a defensive driving at a certified school or institution
- Multi-policy discounts: for combining your home or renters and auto insurance policies with the same carrier
- Pay-in-full discounts: for choosing to pay the entire annual cost of your policy upfront rather than in 12 monthly payments
Depending on which insurance carrier you choose, you may be eligible for additional premium benefits if you are a military veteran, plan to use your new vehicle for commercial purposes, or have numerous drivers from your family on one policy.
One last thing to keep in mind if you’re considering a 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E: Inventory is scarce. As of this writing — due to the car’s popularity, pandemic-related production delays, and supply chain disruptions — the 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E is no longer available for retail sale or online ordering. A limited inventory may be available at selected dealerships nationwide, so get in touch with the dealership before heading out for a test drive.
Choosing a Car Insurance Provider
The cost of car insurance premiums can be very different depending on which auto insurance provider you choose. The car insurance package that works best for you and your Ford Mustang Mach-E doesn’t necessarily have to be the most expensive. Don’t purchase an insurance policy that’s more robust than you need.
Do you have an accident-free driving record? Safe drivers benefit from getting insurance quotes from a few providers to get the best rate possible. Remember, your business is a privilege, so let a few different companies barter for your business to make sure you get the best auto insurance rates.
Compare Rates from Dozens of Companies
Compare Rates from Dozens of Companies
Are Ford Mustang Mach-E Insurance Costs Worth It?
While you can get a general idea of what your Ford Mustang Mach-E will cost to insure, the exact cost will vary from driver to driver. And while insurance premiums for new electric cars like the Mustang Mach-E tend to be higher than national averages, choosing an all-electric vehicle can also help you save money in other ways.
The purchase of a 2022 Mustang Mach-E may be eligible for tax credits that can drastically reduce the vehicle’s initial cost. Also, keep in mind that electric vehicles cost less to maintain across their lifespan than gas-powered vehicles. And, of course, don’t forget about all the savings you’ll get from avoiding the gas pump!
Do you want to reduce your car insurance rates? Improve your credit score, consider buying a less expensive, pre-owned vehicle, or shop around for the lowest rate for the coverage you need most.
Finding an affordable used EV — maybe even a 2022 Mustang Mach-E — in your neighborhood is easy when you use our comparison tool:
Compare EVs Near You
Compare EVs Near You
Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Compare.com’s #1 goal is to save you money. We publish resources that are based on hard-hitting data and years of industry experience to help you make more informed decisions with your wallet.
- All of Compare.com’s content is written and reviewed for accuracy by a team of experienced writers and editors who are experts on the topics they cover.
- None of Compare.com’s content is ever influenced by the companies and brands we partner with.
- Compare.com’s editorial team operates independently of any of the company’s partnership or business development interests. We publish unbiased information strictly for the benefit of our readers.
- All of the content you see on Compare.com is based on comprehensive analysis and all data is gathered and vetted from trustworthy sources.