Chrysler 200 Car InsuranceJune 06, 2014
Compare Chrysler 200 car insurance quotes
- Save time by filling out a single form
- Get accurate quotes from multiple auto insurance companies
- Save money on your Acura TL car insurance by choosing the best car insurance rate that fits your needs
Chrysler 200: Fun Facts
- The Chrysler 200 is a mid-sized sedan, and the lowest-priced member of the Chrysler family.
- The platform for the Chrysler 200 is the same as the Sebring, and the 200 was first introduced in 2010. It is currently in its second generation.
- The Chrysler 200 was originally the name of a prototype hybrid vehicle, shown at the Detroit Auto Show in 2009. It was later determined that the hybrid was impractical.
Chrysler 200 Safety Features
- Traction control
- 4-wheel disc brakes and ABS
- Daytime running lights
- Front tow hooks
Typical Chrysler 200 insurance discounts include
- Passive Restraint Systems
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Good Student
- Get a quote for Chrysler 200 auto insurance.
Headquartered in Michigan, Chrysler Automotive is one of the “Big Three” American auto manufacturers. Under Chrysler’s banner are Jeep, Dodge, and Ram, as well as an automotive parts and accessories brand and SRT, its performance division.
Chrysler was founded in 1925 by Walter Chrysler, and has spent the last nine decades expanding via acquisition of other brands, including some in Europe. Over time, it has gone through its share of financial difficulties, and in January of 2014 the remaining shares of Chrysler were acquired by English automaker Fiat.
The Chrysler 200 represents the new era of Chrysler products.
About the Chrysler 200
Chrysler unveiled a new advertising campaign – made in Detroit – in a 2-minute advertisement during Super Bowl XLV. This campaign launched the 200 into the public eye, where it has remained.
The 200 comes with a 2.4 or 3.6 liter engine with a nine-speed automatic transmission. Critics note that the larger engine does not stand out as a performance vehicle, as the car is too heavy and imprecise to be a star in the highly competitive category.
Recognition for the Chrysler 200
Its active and passive safety features earned the Chrysler 200 a Top Safety Pick+ recognition from the IIHS. Standard features include Electronic Stability Control, supplemental front and side airbags, 4-wheel disc antilock brakes, and a security alarm.
Chrysler 200 Environmental Impact
The base model 200 gets 23/36 mpg city/highway, and the V6 model gets 19/32 mpg, which is respectable in its class. This efficiency is due partially to the rear detachable drive train, which disengages four-wheel drive when terrain is smooth, and re-engages it when things get bumpy. Although the 200 was initially unveiled as a hybrid, there are currently no plans in the works to release the 200 in a hybrid model.