Chrysler 200 Car Insurance
In 2010, Chrysler unveiled a new advertising campaign – made in Detroit, Michigan – a 2-minute advertisement during Super Bowl XLV. This campaign launched the new 200, replacing the earlier Sebring model.
The 200 comes with a 2.4 or 3.6 liter engine with a nine-speed automatic transmission. Unfortunately, critics weren’t impressed. Car and Driver noted that the engine is noisy and it does not stand out as a performance vehicle. They criticized the car as too heavy and imprecise to be a star in the highly competitive category.
In 2017, Chrysler decided to end production of the 200 following poor reviews. Consumer Reports listed the Chrysler 200 as its Lowest Rated Midsized Sedan in 2017. Ouch.
Compare Chrysler 200 Car Insurance Prices
- Save time by filling out a single form
- Get accurate quotes from multiple auto insurance companies
- Save money on your Chrysler 200 car insurance by choosing the best car insurance rate that fits your needs
Chrysler 200 Quick Facts
- The Chrysler 200 is a mid-sized sedan and the lowest-priced member of the Chrysler family
- The platform for the Chrysler 200 is the same as the Sebring, and the 200 was first introduced in 2010
- Chrysler ceased production of the 200 in 2017, choosing to focus on the 300 model as their sedan option
- The Chrysler 200 was originally the name of a prototype hybrid vehicle, shown at the Detroit Auto Show in 2009 but it was later determined that the hybrid was impractical
Chrysler 200 Safety Features
- Traction control
- 4-wheel disc brakes and ABS
- Daytime running lights
- Front tow hooks
The Chrysler active and passive safety features earned the Chrysler 200 a Top Safety Pick+ recognition from the IIHS. Standard features include Electronic Stability Control, supplemental front and side airbags, 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes, and a security alarm. What do safety discounts mean? Cheaper insurance prices!
Typical Chrysler 200 Insurance Discounts
- Passive Restraint Systems
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Good Student
- Get a quote for Chrysler 200 auto insurance
The base model 200 gets 23/36 mpg city/highway, and the V6 model gets 19/32 mpg, which is respectable in its class. This efficiency is due partially to the rear detachable drive train, which disengages four-wheel drive when terrain is smooth, and re-engages it when things get bumpy.
Comparable to the Honda Accord, Dodge Dart and Chevrolet Malibu, the Chrysler 200 is a simple sedan which will get you from A to B. It may not be as exciting as a Chevy Camaro or as roomy as a Ford F-150, but it gets the job done. Simple sedans aren’t boring: insurance companies love them! Compare Chrysler 200 car insurance quotes side by side and see how much you could save today.