Mazda CX-5 Car Insurance QuotesMarch 06, 2014
Compare car insurance quotes for your Mazda CX-5
- Fill out one simple form and get multiple quotes
- Compare rates and policy options from different car insurance companies
- Save money on your Mazda CX-5 car insurance by selecting the best policy
Mazda CX-5 Fun Facts
- Launched in 2012, the CX-5 is a recent addition to the crossover scene.
- The CX-5 was the first Mazda vehicle to feature the KODO – Soul of Motion design concept, inspired by the “strength, beauty and tension” found in animals.
- The CX-5 replaced the Mazda Tribute SUV.
Save Money on Mazda CX-5 Car Insurance
The 2014 Mazda CX-5 has been named a 2013 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The new Mazda CX-5 includes advanced safety features that can help you save money on your car insurance. Mazda CX-5 safety features:
- Advanced front and side-impact air bags
- Anti-lock brakes with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control System
- Engine-immobilizer antitheft system
- Blind spot monitoring system (standard on Touring models)
- Smart City Brake Support, which warns the driver of a possible collision in low-speed traffic and if needed, automatically applies the brakes. (optional on Touring models)
- E911 automatic emergency notification (standard on Touring models)
Typical car insurance discounts include:
- Safe driver
- Good student
- Retired and/or 55+
- Get a car insurance quote for your Mazda CX-5 online now!
A Japanese company, Mazda traces its roots back to 1920, when Jujiro Matsuda founded the Toyo Cork Kogyo Company in Hiroshima, Japan. The company at first manufactured machine parts and then in 1931 produced the Mazda-Go, a three-wheeled truck. In 1958, the company produced its first four-wheeled truck, the Romper, and in 1960 its first two-door car, the Coupe R360. The company began selling cars in the United States in 1970. Today, some of Mazda’s most popular models in the United States include the compact Mazda3, the Mazda5 hatchback and the CX-5 crossover.
About the Mazda CX-5
Mazda calls the CX-5 a “crossover without compromise.” The 2014 Mazda CX-5 is available in three trims: Sport, Touring and Grand Touring. Praised by critics for its sleek styling and great gas mileage, the 2014 CX-5 offers more power than its predecessors, with a 2.5-liter engine in the Touring models. The base Sport CX-5 comes standard with features such as cruise control and remote keyless entry. The Grand Touring model adds extras such as Bluetooth, a Bose sound system with voice control, a rear-view backup camera, a moonroof and heated, leather-trimmed front seats.
To make your CX-5 top of the line, the Grand Touring Technology Package adds a TomTom navigation system, Smart City Brake Support, advanced keyless entry and other features. U.S. News and World Report ranks the Mazda CX-5 number one among affordable compact SUVs. “Since its debut as a 2013 model, the CX-5 has impressed us with its styling, assembly, comfort, utility, fuel economy, and, in particular, dynamics,” says Car and Driver.
Mazda CX-5 Environmental Impact
Mazda says the CX-5 gets the best highway gas mileage of any SUV in America, including hybrids. The four-wheel-drive Sport model gets 26 mpg city/35 highway with a six-speed manual transmission and 26/32 with automatic. Mazda touts the CX-5’s superior gas mileage compared to similar small SUVs, claiming drivers could save $1,293 in gas over three years versus the Toyota RAV4 or $993 versus the Hyundai Tucson.