Why choose Infinity Auto Insurance?
- Eligible drivers can sign up for a free DriverClub® membership from Infinity Insurance, which gives you, your family, and even your friends access to a 24/7 roadside assistance network, nationwide and in any car – even if you’re just a passenger
- Log in to your secure online account to view your details and manage your policy
- There are real brick and mortar stores across the US so that you can speak to an agent face to face
- Customer Service: 800-782-1020
- Claims: 800-334-1661
- Roadside Assistance: 855-697-4611
- Infinity Insurance, 2201 4th Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203
- [email protected]
What is Infinity Auto Insurance?
Since serving their first customer in 1955, Infinity Insurance has continued to grow, now boasting over 60 years of experience in the insurance business and still going strong. They have partnered with more than 12,500 independent agents, conducting regular follow-up procedures to ensure that their customers are totally happy.
A.M. Best has given Infinity Insurance an A rating (excellent) based on their financial strength. They are one of the top 50 insurers in the US, specializing in ‘non-standard’ drivers. If you have a history of accidents, tickets or a DUI then Infinity Insurance can help.
Infinity Insurance is a fully bilingual company, even their app and website are available in Spanish. Whether it’s sales, customer service or claims, a Spanish or English speaking representative is always available. Making a claim can be stressful and time consuming, but Infinity’s 24-hour free claims line makes things easy. Instead of spending big dollars on advertising and cartoonish spokespeople, they make big investments in communities where their customers live. That way, service is right around the corner when and where you need it.
Constantly investing in the latest technology, Infinity Insurance allows you to interact with them how and when you want. Contact them via email, phone or live chat options. Policyholders can also submit claims information, make a payment and get their ID card on their free app for Android and iPhone users. They even have Facebook and Twitter pages in addition to a YouTube channel.
How Does Infinity Auto Insurance Work?
So how does Infinity Auto insurance work? First, let’s take a closer look at the ins and out of Infinity’s auto insurance policies.
Infinity Auto Insurance Payments
Customers have a few options when paying for their insurance premiums. They can either pay for their premium in one lump sum or in monthly installments. Infinity allows you to enroll in auto-pay if you choose monthly installments to avoid missing a payment.
Infinity Auto Insurance Rate Increases
Drivers work hard to secure affordable car insurance, and it can be very discouraging to see that number start rising. Infinity lists the following reasons as possible causes of an insurance rate increase:
- You moved homes: Changing your address can cause you to see a rate increase. Since every zip code has a different level of risk, the chances of having an accident can increase with a move. So if you’ve moved to an area with a higher risk level, your rates will go up.
- You filed a claim: If you’ve been in an accident and had to file a claim, you are now considered a higher risk to your insurance company. When you go to renew your policy, you’ll likely see a rate increase.
- You lost a discount: To enjoy discounts, you need to meet specific qualifications and if you no longer meet them your rates can increase. For example, you may have enjoyed the good student discount while in college but once you graduate you’ll lose it.
- There are changes in your community: Unfortunately, the reason for an increase in rates may not always be within your control. For example, imagine there’s a recent string of thefts within your ZIP code or they start doing construction downtown in your city. The change in your community means there is now a higher risk of theft or an increased chance of you getting into an accident. As a result, you may see your premiums go up to compensate for this additional risk.
Infinity Auto Insurance Claims
After an accident, you can file a claim with Infinity by calling 1-800-INFINITY. You can also submit additional information for your claim through the Infinity app.
Infinity Auto Insurance Discounts
Drivers looking to save a few extra bucks with Infinity won’t be disappointed. Along with their affordable prices for high-risk drivers, Infinity also offers a wide variety of discounts. For more information on the discounts offered, see the list down below:
|Homeowners Discount||If you live in FL, TX, or AZ, bundle your home and car insurance together to save money|
|Good Student Discount||If you’re a student with a B average (a 3.0 GPA) and enrolled full time in college or high school in CA, you can enjoy savings on your car insurance|
|Multi-Car Discount||Save money by insuring multiple vehicles on the same policy in FL, TX, or AZ|
|Mature Driver Improvement Course Discount||Drivers in their later years living in CA and FL can take this course to refresh basic driving skills and save money on car insurance|
|Renewal Discount||Available in CA, you can qualify for a discount when you renew your policy with Infinity|
|Paid-in-full Discount||Available in FL, TX, and AZ, you can save on your premium by paying for your insurance upfront|
|Advanced Quote Discount||Available in FL and TX, you can enjoy this discount by maintaining your insurance without any lapses in coverage|
|Safety Features Discount||Safety features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft systems can qualify you for a discount on your insurance (Only available to drivers in FL)|
|Paperless Discount||Offered in AZ, drivers who go green and opt-out of receiving paper mailings enjoy this paperless discount|
|Online Quote Discount||Available in AZ and TX, you can immediately get a discount when starting your quote online.|
|Accident-Free/Years Clean Discount||TX and AZ both offer you a discount for having a clean driving record for 35 months or more|
|AAA Members Discount||AZ drivers who are AAA members can get a discount on their car insurance|
Infinity Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Looking for car insurance to keep you covered and put your mind at ease? Infinity offers several coverage options, including:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: Coverage for body injury liability and property damage liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Protects drivers involved in a collision with an uninsured driver/ from drivers who lack enough coverage to compensate you for your claim.
- Collision coverage: Repairs expenses from accidents, regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: Repairs costs from events related to inclement weather, theft, vandalism, or hitting an animal while driving.
Additional Coverage Options
In addition to the coverage stated above, Infinity offers these coverage options as well:
- DriverClub (Roadside Assistance): DriverClub is Infinity’s roadside assistance program. Membership to the DriverClub is free, and drivers only pay for the coverage when they use it. With this service, you get 24/7 roadside assistance even if you’re just a passenger in someone else’s car.
- Commercial Car Insurance: Get coverage for vehicles you use for business.
- Classic Car Insurance: Got a classic car? Get specialized coverage to keep your prized possession safe.
- Rideshare Insurance: Available in the Miami area, drivers for rideshare apps like Lyft or Uber, can get insurance that covers the time gaps when delivering and driving.
Infinity Home Insurance Coverage
Infinity offers home insurance coverage to protect your house and possessions in case of an accident or unexpected event on the property. Their policy covers damage from events like :
You can also secure homeowners insurance if you’re a mobile home owner. In addition, this policy can protect you from personal liability if someone is injured on your property.
Infinity Business Insurance Coverage
Let’s dive into some of the business insurance options offered by Infinity.
General Liability Insurance
Also known as commercial general liability, this is one of the most popular business insurance coverages for businesses of any size. This type of insurance protects your company if an employee or customer files a claim against you.
With Infinity, businesses get property and bodily injury liability coverage, legal fee coverage, and advertising and personal injury coverage.
Commercial Auto Insurance
You can get commercial auto insurance from Infinity if you use a vehicle while conducting business. Policyholders with Infinity commercial auto insurance can enjoy the following perks:
- Foreign license acceptance
- Discounts (paid-in-full, multi-vehicle, prior coverage, etc)
- Multiple coverage and payment options
- Leniency for high-risk drivers
- Automatic coverage for eligible new hire employees
- Trailer insurance options
Commercial Property Insurance
Infinity offers commercial property insurance to keep you covered if you have a warehouse of inventory or expensive equipment at your business site. This insurance covers stolen, damaged, or destroyed goods from accidents, theft, wind, fire damage, and even lightning.
Business Owner’s Policy
Since commercial property insurance covers losses to your company, and general liability insurance protects your company from claims of bodily or property damage, many business owners see the need to combine the two policies. Business owner’s policy, also known as BOP, joins the two types of insurance under one affordable policy.
Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions)
Any business that provides a service should have professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions coverage. This insurance protects you if a customer is injured or unsatisfied by a service you performed for them.
If an employee gets injured on the job, you may need to pay for court fees, medical fees, lost wages, and the wages to hire a new worker. Worker’s compensation helps prevent you from paying this compensation out of pocket.
Inland Marine Insurance
Do you regularly move equipment and goods between working sites? Protect your moveable property, specialized property, and temporary property with inland marine insurance.
Key Person Life Insurance
Key-person life insurance is exactly what the name implies. Many businesses choose to purchase life insurance for a key person in the company. The business will pay this premium, and they are the beneficiary of the policy.
Home-Based Business Insurance
Unfortunately, many homeowners believe their homeowner’s policy will cover their home-based business, but this isn’t the case. In fact, running a business out of your home can sometimes void your homeowner’s policy.
With home-based business insurance, you’ll receive property and liability insurance for any business files, equipment, and practices.
Business Interruption Insurance
This type of coverage is generally added to your Infinity commercial property insurance policy.
After a major event, such as a natural disaster, your business may be forced to shut down for some time to recover. This coverage helps you get back on your feet and start serving your loyal customers much sooner.
Who is Infinity Auto Insurance Good For?
With its entire website and resources offered in English and Spanish, Infinity auto insurance is great for bilingual speakers in Hispanic communities, but that’s not all. They’re also well known for offering insurance for high-risk drivers or those needing an SR-22 for insurance.
Who is Infinity Auto Insurance Bad For?
Drivers with a great driving record who don’t need an SR-22 may find Infinity’s insurance premiums a bit too high.
Where is Infinity Auto Insurance Available?
Infinity auto insurance is only available in five states: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, and Texas.
Infinity Auto Insurance Customer Reviews
|Clearsurance||2.02/5 – 271 reviews|
|Glassdoor||3.8/5 – 5 reviews|
Infinity insurance was awarded two stars on the consumer review site Clearsurance. Many customer reviews mentioned that while the rates were lower for high-risk drivers, it was difficult to get in touch with agents, and there were high cancellation fees.
Despite the negative reviews on Clearsurance, Infinity was awarded a B by the Better Business Bureau.
Infinity’s employees rank it as an average place to work, with a score of 3.8 on Glassdoor. However, many employees mentioned an overall lack of communication within the workplace.
Pros and Cons of Infinity Auto Insurance
If you’re thinking about making the leap to Infinity auto insurance, we’ve put together a few pros and cons to help you make the best choice.
- Resources offered in Spanish: Infinity offers all of its website resources and app in English and Spanish.
- Caters to high-risk drivers: High-risk drivers with a spotty record or those in need of an SR-22 will find it easier to get coverage with Infinity.
- Wide variety of insurance products: Infinity auto insurance has agreements with several third-party insurers, providing a long list of insurance products for policyholders to choose from.
- Limited availability: Infinity is only available in five states.
- High complaint index: Infinity receives many more complaints than other car insurance providers.
- Not affordable for drivers who aren’t high risk: Drivers who have a stellar driving record won’t find Infinity as cheap as those with accidents or tickets on their record.
How to Cancel an Infinity Auto Insurance Policy
Infinity offers policyholders two ways to cancel their insurance policy. You can cancel your policy through the online portal or by calling their customer service phone number at 1-800-782-1020.
Although the Infinity website doesn’t mention any cancellation fees, some customers report paying hefty cancellation fees to cancel their policies.
FAQs About Infinity Auto Insurance
Does Infinity auto insurance have a mobile app?
Yes, Infinity has a mobile app available for Android and iOS users. Policyholders can use the app to engage in live chats with agents, submit claims information, make payments, and access their ID cards. In addition, the entire app is available in Spanish and English.
How do I file a claim with Infinity auto insurance?
To report a claim with Infinity, you need to call 1-800-INFINITY and speak to a First Notice of Loss Adjuster.
How do I cancel my Infinity auto insurance policy?
You can cancel your auto insurance policy over the phone by calling 1-800-782-1020.
Does Infinity auto offer coverage in my state?
Infinity offers coverage in five states: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, and Texas. If you don’t live in these states, you can’t receive coverage from Infinity.