Why choose SafeAuto Insurance?
- A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Bilingual agents are available and their website is even available in Spanish
- SafeAuto’s helpline is available 24/7 to ask questions, make changes to your policy or even report a claim
Did you know...?
- You can save up to 50% on your policy by qualifying for SafeAuto’s discounts
- They have more than 25 years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Specializing in minimum limits insurance, they offer the basic coverage to keep you legal on the road
- Customer Service: 800-SAFEAUTO (800-723-3288)
- Claims: 800-SAFEAUTO (800-723-3288)
- SafeAuto, 4 Easton Oval, Columbus, OH 43219
- [email protected]
An Overview of SafeAuto Insurance
SafeAuto is an insurance company that provides affordable, state-minimum car insurance coverage in 19 states. Their promise is, “We keep you legal for less!” They offer low premiums, flexible payment plans, and responsive customer service to help customers get a policy that works for them.
SafeAuto Insurance also provides SR-22 and FR44 insurance for drivers who need a Certificate of Financial Responsibility to get back on the road.
Is SafeAuto car insurance the best option for you? Let’s take a closer look.
SafeAuto Insurance Reviews
Customer satisfaction is an important factor when choosing a car insurance company. So what do SafeAuto customers think of this insurance provider? SafeAuto Insurance reviews are better-than-average on common customer review sites.
|Insurance Review Platform||Rating|
|Clearsurance||3.4/5 (392 reviews)|
On Clearsurance, a respected reviews site, 75% of customers would renew their policy, and 68% would recommend SafeAuto to a friend. Policyholders praise SafeAuto’s low rates, although several complain about their premiums rising over time.
The Better Business Bureau gives SafeAuto Insurance its highest rating, an A+, which means that the company is responsive to complaints, has been in business for a long time and generally has sound business practices.
And on Glassdoor, employees generally express satisfaction with working at SafeAuto in Columbus, Ohio — which is good news for the company’s customers. Their criticisms focus on a lack of work-life balance, but nothing that raises any major red flags.
How Much Does SafeAuto Car Insurance Cost?
If the number one reason people like SafeAuto is its affordable premiums, you may want to know: How low is low? How much does SafeAuto car insurance cost?
SafeAuto specializes in carrying state minimum coverage, which is the cheapest insurance you can get and includes only what your state requires. This usually means just bodily injury and property damage liability insurance. In some states, you may also need personal injury protection, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, or other coverage options.
If you want to protect your own vehicle with comprehensive and collision coverage, or if you want liability coverage that’s more than the minimum, you’ll pay more. And if your driving history includes multiple moving violations, then your rates will also go up because insurance providers charge more to insure high-risk drivers.
There are other factors that affect insurance costs, including age, marital status, address, and (in many states) your credit score.
Curious about how much the average driver pays for coverage in your state? Take a look at the average rates for car insurance we’ve compiled below:
|State||Single Car||Multi Car|
How Much Can I Save with SafeAuto?
Like many other insurers, the SafeAuto Insurance company offers a range of discounts to eligible customers. Some discounts are available only in certain states, but there’s a good chance you’ll qualify for a few!
One nice perk is the New Business Transfer discount. If you switch to SafeAuto from another insurance company, you may get special savings on your insurance rates.
Here’s a breakdown of other discounts from SafeAuto:
- Homeowner discount: Save money if you own a home.
- Good student discount: In some states, students can earn discounts for maintaining high grades.
- Driver improvement course discount: If you voluntarily take a driving class, you may get an extra discount.
- Safety features discount: If your car has features like anti-lock brakes, adaptive headlights, or electronic stability control, you may pay less each month.
- New business transfer discount: If you switch to SafeAuto from another insurer, you may earn an extra discount.
- Good driver discount: If you don’t have any accidents or tickets on your driving record, you’ll see savings.
- Multi-vehicle discount: Save when you insure more than one vehicle.
- Paid-in-full discount: Get additional discounts by paying your premium in full (available in some states).
Where Is SafeAuto Available?
SafeAuto serves drivers in 19 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
Is SafeAuto Car Insurance Right for Me?
You’ve checked out their coverage options and discounts, and you like what you see from SafeAuto. So is it the best auto insurance choice for you? It may be if:
- You have a less-than-perfect driving record, and you don’t want to be charged excessive rates for high-risk insurance.
- You need nonstandard car insurance, like an SR22 policy, due to a DUI.
- You don’t want a lot of extras on your policy, so state minimum insurance is acceptable.
- You appreciate having flexible payment options, such as pay by phone, monthly billing, and bi-monthly billing.
There’s only one way to find the best car insurance for you: Compare customized, real-life insurance quotes. Just enter your ZIP code to start, and in a few minutes, you can discover which insurance company has the lowest rates for you:
Compare Car Insurance Rates Side-by-Side
Compare Car Insurance Rates Side-by-Side
What Else Does SafeAuto Offer?
Unlike some insurance giants, SafeAuto is focused primarily on vehicle insurance. But in addition to their own products, SafeAuto has partnered with other companies to extend additional types of policies. This range of coverage options includes:
Auto and vehicle
- Car insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- SR-22 insurance
- Mechanical repair insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Renters insurance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Business insurance
SafeAuto Insurance FAQs
How do I pay my SafeAuto car insurance policy?
SafeAuto is known for its flexible payment options, so choose what works best for you! You can pay by phone with your checking account or with a credit/debit card; pay by MoneyGram, Western Union, or ACE Cash Express; or set up automatic billing.
Once I’m insured, how quickly can I get my proof of insurance?
They will mail your documents within three (3) working days after your policy’s effective date. Need it sooner? Just ask to have it faxed or emailed to you right away.
Does SafeAuto have a mobile app?
Yes, SafeAuto provides a highly-rated mobile app for iPhone and Android. On the app you can check the status of your policy, access your ID card, and make payments.
Are there optional extras on its insurance plans?
Yes! You can add options like accident forgiveness, mechanical repair coverage, and roadside assistance, including towing.
How does SafeAuto Insurance compare?
SafeAuto’s slogan is “Insurance for the Rest of Us,” which neatly sums up its approach. While the largest insurers opt for branding that’s either super-goofy or serious, SafeAuto takes a different track and emphasizes its affordable car insurance for regular people. Its touchpoints are friendly, accessible customer service and low prices.
Of course, just because you like what SafeAuto has to offer doesn’t mean it’s the best insurance company for you. The only way to know for sure is to see how it stacks up against other policies. Enter your ZIP code to find out now!