Since first opening their doors in 1962, Mercury Insurance has grown to be one of the largest insurance companies in the US. George Joseph founded the Mercury General Corporation, focusing on providing its policyholders with high-quality insurance products, service and protection at an affordable rate. Today, Mercury has more than $4 billion in assets and over 4,600 employees. In addition, Mercury works with 8,000 agents in 13 states across the US.
When you buy a policy with Mercury Insurance, you will get your own online portal. When you login, you can make a payment or view your claims or payment history. You’ll also be able to print ID cards, request policy changes and contact an agent. A leading car insurer in California, Mercury Insurance Group is one of the fastest-growing car insurance companies in the United States. They promise a combination of low rates and personalized service. They sell insurance both online and through their network of independent agents.
Mercury Insurance’s Discounts:
- Anti-theft devices
- Good student
- Vehicle safety rating
- Good driver
- Affinity discounts with certain professional organizations
- Age, type and location of vehicle
Mercury Insurance was recently ranked in the top 5 auto insurers in the US. Insure.com surveyed over 3,500 people for a range of categories, including service, claims handling and price. They were also listed as one of America’s most trustworthy companies by Forbes four times. They have been accredited with the Better Business Bureau for over 20 years.
Mercury Insurance Reviews:
“I had a claim and the Mercury staff was awesome. They reserved my rental and kept in close contact. They walked me through the claim process. My claim was completed on Friday, a federal holiday, and I had my check on Monday. Mercury was more than fair in their settlement. I would highly recommend Mercury to anyone looking for car and home insurance.”
Jeffrey, Fresno CA
“I have complete coverage for my car and my son’s car. We don’t have a lot but it is nice to know what we do have is protected.”
Joy, Plano TX
“Customer service department went above and beyond when I needed help with a billing issue! Most places make you feel like you’re nothing but a number to them. Mercury definitely made me feel like I was important!”
Jess, Portsmouth VA
Why choose Mercury Insurance?
- More than 96% of Mercury customers choose to renew their policies – only exceptional customer satisfaction can produce renewal rates that high
- They were named as one of America’s most trustworthy financial companies by Forbes
- They are the third largest private auto insurer in California
Did you know...?
- Mercury is the parent company of Workmen’s insurance
- Mercury Insurance went public on the stock exchange, NASDAQ, in 1985 at $19 per share
- Every year, Mercury employees have ‘packing parties’ to send care packages to the US Armed Forces who are deployed abroad