Why choose Mercury Insurance?
- More than 96% of Mercury customers choose to renew their policies – only exceptional customer satisfaction can produce renewal rates that high
- They were named as one of America’s most trustworthy financial companies by Forbes three times
- They are the third largest private auto insurer in California
Did you know...?
- Mercury is the parent company of Workmen’s insurance
- Mercury Insurance went public on the stock exchange, NASDAQ, in 1985 at $19 per share
- Every year, Mercury employees have ‘packing parties’ to send care packages to the US Armed Forces who are deployed abroad
- Customer Service: 877-910-2279
- Claims: 800-503-3724
- Roadside Assistance: 888-749-6233
- Mercury Insurance, 4484 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Mercury Insurance positions itself as a smart choice for sensible drivers: people who want high-quality coverage for low rates. Its network of local agents offer personalized service and attention, and it offers a wide array of insurance plans and products.
Serving drivers in 11 states, Mercury might not have the same brand recognition as the nationwide insurance giants. However, Mercury Insurance is popular with its customers for offering low rates and good service. As a result, it has built a sterling reputation and has been named one of Forbes’ Most Trustworthy Financial Companies three times.
So is Mercury the best car insurance choice for you? We’ll give you all the information you need to decide.
Mercury Insurance Reviews
|Clearsurance||3.8/5 – 651 reviews|
Mercury Insurance gets generally positive reviews on consumer review site Clearsurance. Customers praise Mercury’s simple website, responsive service and low prices. Many say Mercury Insurance made life easier for them when they had a claim, which is exactly what you want from your car insurance company.
Mercury gets an A from the independent ratings organization A.M. Best. That means it’s financially strong and stable, so you don’t have to worry about the company being unable to pay a claim.
The Better Business Bureau gives Mercury an A+. This indicates that the company usually responds to complaints, has been in business for a while, and generally has good business practices. (Actual customer reviews aren’t factored into the BBB rating.)
What’s it like to work for Mercury? Employees praise the spirit of teamwork and the culture, but say the pay rate is low and stress levels can be high. Just under half of employees would recommend working at Mercury to a friend.
How much can I save with Mercury Insurance?
Mercury offers a generous assortment of discounts to its customers. Some discounts are easy to get: Sign up for automatic payments or electronic document signing, or insure multiple vehicles, and you’ll save. Here are some of the discounts Mercury offers:
|RealDrive Discount||Save 5% for signing up for the RealDrive tracking program, then save more if you’re a low-mileage driver.|
|Good Student Discount||Talk to your Mercury agent about student discounts for maintaining high grades.|
|Good Driver Discount||If you’ve gone for a specified period of time without getting into an accident or receiving a ticket, you can get an insurance discount.|
|Multi-Vehicle Discount||Get a discount for insuring more than one vehicle with Mercury.|
|Paid-in-Full Discount||Get additional savings when you pay your premium in full.|
|Auto Pay Discount||See monthly savings when you make your premium payments automatic.|
|E-Signature Discount||Sign your documents electronically and save.|
|Anti-Theft Discount||Save money if you have any theft-deterring equipment on your vehicle.|
|Multi-Policy Discount||Get up to a 15% discount on both your auto and homeowners policies when purchase them together.|
Where does Mercury offer coverage?
Is Mercury Insurance right for me?
The discounts look good. The reviews are positive. So, is Mercury Insurance the best car insurance company for you? It might be, if:
- You have a good driving record and you want affordable car insurance.
- You like the personal service a dedicated agent can offer.
- You’re looking for stress-free insurance you can count on when you need to file a claim.
Before you commit to any auto insurance company, however, you should compare customized, real-life quotes. It only takes a few minutes to discover which insurance company can offer you the lowest rates. Just enter your ZIP code to start.
What else do they offer?
Through its extensive network of agents, Mercury offers a wide array of policies. (Not all are available in every state.)
Auto & Vehicle
- Commercial Automobile
- Ride-Hailing (Ridesharing) Insurance
- Mechanical Repair Insurance
- Personal Umbrella
Mercury Insurance FAQs
- How does Mercury decide how much my insurance will cost? Mercury says the cost of car insurance depends on a number of factors, including the vehicle you drive, where you live, your driving record, your age, your marital status, and more.
- Can Mercury change my rates? Like any other insurance company, Mercury may adjust your rate up or down from an initial quote, if insurance rates change or your driving record is updated.
- Does Mercury have a mobile app? Yes, but it’s limited in what you can do. The MercuryGo mobile app is only available for Android and tracks your driving habits.
- What extra insurance options does Mercury offer? Mercury offers many coverage options, such as mechanical repair coverage, rental car coverage, and roadside assistance.
Mercury Insurance in the community
Through the “Mercury Cares” program, Mercury Insurance gives back in ways large and small. Recently, employees teamed up to sew cloth masks for hospitals and sheriffs’ offices. The company has also partnered with the California Medical Association to offer remote peer-to-peer care coaching for healthcare workers. This initiative, called Care 4 Caregivers Now, provides mental and emotional support to healthcare professionals on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Mercury Insurance supports responsible driving with its DriveSafe program.
You may know Mercury from…
A recent advertising campaign for Mercury features “The Cheapskates,” a family that goes to extreme measures to save money (DIY bowl haircuts, instant re-gifting). The message: Mercury is “the smarter way to save.”
Where can you find Mercury on social media?
Connect with Mercury on most social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.