Why choose Travelers Insurance?
- Travelers offers a range of add-ons to your auto insurance policy; new car replacement, roadside assistance and accident forgiveness are all available (terms and conditions apply)
- Travelers has up to 15 potential auto discounts that you could qualify for
- Policyholders can login to MyTravelers® – a convenient online portal to pay a bill, access policy documents, submit a claim and even request roadside assistance.
Did you know...?
- Travelers has a long history of reliability, paying claims following major historical events like the sinking of the Titanic and the Great Chicago Fire
- They are the only insurance company included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average, a testament to its sustained success.
- Travelers was the first company to ever insure a car — all the way back in 1897!
- Customer Service: 800-842-5075
- Claims: 800-252-4633
- Roadside Assistance: 800-252-4633
- One Tower Square, Hartford, Connecticut 06183
Travelers was the first company to issue an automobile insurance policy, believe it or not — all the way back in 1897! That’s long before cars became a common mode of transportation in the U.S. The company’s long history and financial stability make it a power player in the auto insurance market.
With a comprehensive set of products and 24/7 customer support, Travelers has built its reputation on giving policyholders the peace of mind that they need to feel secure. Travelers offers a range of add-ons to your auto insurance policy; new car replacement, roadside assistance and accident forgiveness are all available to Travelers customers (terms and conditions apply).
Travelers Insurance Reviews
|Clearsurance||4.1/5 – 1705 reviews|
People really like Travelers Insurance. On Clearsurance, an independent review site, Travelers gets a thumbs-up from the majority of its customers. 80% say they’re likely to renew their policy, and 81% say they would recommend Travelers to a friend. They say the customer service is top-notch, the rates are great and the claims process goes smoothly.
The Better Business Bureau awards Travelers an A+, its highest rating. This doesn’t have anything to do with reviews or complaints. Rather, it means that Travelers deals fairly with its customers and has good interactions with them. An A++ rating from AM Best means that the company’s finances are exceptionally strong and stable.
Travelers’ positive ratings for customer service may be linked to its employees’ levels of job satisfaction. On Glassdoor, employees speak highly of the benefits, the positive culture, and abundant opportunities for growth.
How much does Travelers cost?
When you see positive reviews for Travelers’ customer service and claims processing, you start to wonder: Is Travelers Insurance expensive?
No! Customers are generally satisfied with the company’s cheap car insurance rates, saying they feel like they get a lot of coverage for the money. Of course, the cost of Travelers insurance is influenced heavily by your own personal circumstances, including:
- Your driving record. If you’ve had tickets, traffic violations or claims in the past 3-5 years, you’ll get dinged.
- Your age: Drivers under 25 usually pay a lot more — although U.S. News reports that Travelers offers affordable rates for younger drivers.
- Your credit history. In many states, having poor credit means you’ll pay more for insurance. But if you have good credit, you can save.
- The type of coverage you choose. The cheapest coverage will always be a state-minimum policy, although you may need more protection for yourself and your vehicle.
- Where you live. Your state of residence can have a huge impact on your car insurance bill, whether you live in a pricey state like Louisiana or Michigan or one where insurance is cheap, like Maine or North Dakota.
- Your personal life. Other factors affecting insurance costs include your marital status, address and the car you drive.
Want to find your own personalized quote and get an idea of what you’ll pay? Just enter your ZIP code to get started.
How much can I save with Travelers Insurance?
Travelers has an extensive list of car insurance discounts that can lower your bill. Unlike many insurers, Travelers even tells you exactly how much you can save. These discounts (which are not available in all states) include:
|Driver Training Discount||Young drivers can save up to 8% for passing an approved driver’s ed course.|
|Good Student Discount||If your high school or college student maintains a B average or better, you may receive an 8% discount.|
|Student Away at School Discount||If a dependent driver in your household goes to school at least 100 miles away, you could save up to 7%.|
|Safe Driver Discount||No at-fault accidents or serious violations in the past 3 years means a discount up to 10%. Five years of safe driving earns you up to 23% in savings.|
|Multi-Policy Discount||Bundle home/condo and other insurance with your auto policy, and you can save up to 13%.|
|Home Ownership Discount||Snag a discount of up to 5% if you own a home or condo, even if you don’t insure it with Travelers.|
|IntelliDrive Discount||Let Travelers track your driving habits for 90 days through its IntelliDrive app, and you can save up to 30% at renewal. However, they may increase your premium (in some states) if you’re a risky driver.|
|Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Discount||Eco-friendly cars earn a discount.|
|Multi-Vehicle Discount||Insure two or more vehicles with Travelers and save up to 8%.|
|Continuous Insurance Discount||No lapses in coverage? Here’s a discount of up to 15%.|
|New Car Discount||Savor up to 10% savings if your vehicle is less than 3 years old.|
|EFT, Paid in Full and Good Payer Discounts
|Save 2-3% by paying through electronic funds transfer (EFT) or payroll deduction; up to 7.5% if you pay your policy in full; or as much as 15% if you consistently pay your premium on time.|
|Early Quote Discount||The early shopper gets the savings! Get a quote from Travelers before your current insurance policy expires, and you could save 3-10%.|
|Affinity Discount||The company offers special savings to members of certain credit unions, professional groups and other organizations.|
Where can I get a Travelers policy?
Travelers serves drivers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Is Travelers Insurance right for me?
Its array of discounts is appealing. Its customer service gets high marks. And that red umbrella is pretty cute. So, is Travelers Insurance going to be your best pick for car insurance? It may be a good fit if you:
- Are a younger driver looking for low rates
- Have a good driving record
- Intend to bundle multiple policies
- Appreciate no-hassle service when you’re filing a claim
The best way to find the perfect insurer for you is to compare customized, real-life car insurance quotes. It’s so easy: You just enter some basic information and then see quotes from multiple companies on one page. How will Travelers stack up? Find out!
What else does Travelers Insurance offer?
Travelers doesn’t just cover cars and drivers. It offers all kinds of insurance for individuals and businesses. These include:
Auto & Vehicle Insurance
- Commercial vehicle
- Gap insurance
- How can I lower the cost of my Travelers car insurance policy?
Check out the list of discounts above and see which ones you might be eligible for. The most effective ways to save are maintaining a good driving record, paying automatically and on time; and talking to your agent about ways to make your insurance more affordable.
- What is umbrella insurance, and do I need it?
Umbrella insurance is an extra personal liability policy that can cover costs above and beyond where your other policies — such as car and home — leave off.
- How does IntelliDrive work?
IntelliDrive is Travelers’s driver monitoring program, which assesses your driving performance through an app. In addition to tracking miles driven, hard-braking and fast acceleration incidents, and nighttime driving, IntelliDrive also monitors how often you interact with your phone, to combat distracted driving.
Travelers in the community
Travelers is big on giving back. In the past 10 years, the company has donated more than $218 million to causes, notably college and career readiness for underrepresented students; affordable housing and safe-neighborhood initiatives; and diverse arts and culture programs. Employees get incentives for logging volunteer hours — more than 250,000 in the past two years — and can have their personal donations matched.
You may know Travelers from…
“A Better Tomorrow”
“Pass It On”
Chopper the Dog
Travelers on Social Media
Look for the famous red umbrella on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Insurance is underwritten by The Travelers Indemnity Company or one of its property casualty affiliates, One Tower Square, Hartford, CT 06183. In TX: Auto insurance is offered by Travelers Texas MGA, Inc. and underwritten by Consumers County Mutual Insurance Company (CCM). CCM is not a Travelers company.