Why choose Infinity Auto Insurance?
- Eligible drivers can sign up for a free DriverClub® membership from Infinity Insurance, which gives you, your family, and even your friends access to a 24/7 roadside assistance network, nationwide and in any car – even if you’re just a passenger
- Log in to your secure online account to view your details and manage your policy
- There are real brick and mortar stores across the US so that you can speak to an agent face to face
Did you know...?
- Infinity Insurance sponsors Read Conmigo, a bilingual literacy program, distributing over 1 million books since its inception
- Their headquarters are in Birmingham, Alabama
- Infinity Insurance (IPCC) went public on the stock exchange (NASDAQ) in 2003
- Versión en Español
- Customer Service: 800-782-1020
- Claims: 800-334-1661
- Roadside Assistance: 855-697-4611
- Infinity Insurance, 2201 4th Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203
- [email protected]
An Overview of Infinity Auto Insurance
Since serving its first customer in 1955, Infinity Insurance has continued to grow with more than 60 years of experience in the industry and more than 12,500 independent agents. Part of the Kemper family of companies, AM Best has given the insurer an A rating (excellent) based on their financial strength.
As one of the top 50 car insurance companies in the U.S. specializing in ‘non-standard’ drivers, Infinity Insurance can help if you have a history of accidents, tickets, or a DUI.
Infinity Insurance is a fully bilingual company. Whether it’s sales, customer service, or claims, an English or Spanish-speaking representative is always available. Instead of spending big dollars on advertising and cartoonish spokespeople, they make significant investments in communities where their customers live.
Making a claim can be stressful and time-consuming, but Infinity’s 24-hour free claims line makes things easy. Infinity car insurance customers have several contact options, including email, phone, and live chat. In addition, a free iOS or Android app allows policyholders to submit claims information, make payments, or download their ID card. They also have a presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube via Kemper’s social media network.
How Does Infinity Auto Insurance Work?
So how does Infinity auto insurance work? Let’s take a closer look at the ins and outs of Infinity’s auto insurance policies.
Customers have a few options when paying for their Infinity auto insurance premiums. For example, they can pay their premium in one lump sum or monthly installments. In addition, Infinity allows you to enroll in auto-pay — an excellent way to avoid missed payments.
Understanding Rate Increases
Drivers want to secure affordable car insurance services, so it’s discouraging when insurance rates increase. Infinity lists the following reasons as possible causes of an insurance rate increase:
- Moving homes: Changing your address may result in a rate increase. Different ZIP codes pay different rates depending on the number of traffic violations, claims, acts of vandalism, and other scenarios in the area. The more negative activity within a ZIP code, the higher the average rates its residents pay.
- Filing a claim: If you’ve been in an accident and had to file a claim, you are now considered a higher risk to your auto insurance company. Upon policy renewal, you’ll likely see a rate increase.
- Losing a discount: You need to meet specific qualifications to enjoy discounts. Failure to meet these qualifications could result in increased rates. For example, graduating from school will naturally forfeit any good student discount.
- Changes in your community: Unfortunately, the reason for an increase in rates may not always be within your control. For example, imagine there’s a recent string of thefts within your ZIP code, or they start doing construction downtown in your city. The change in your community means there is now a higher risk of theft or an increased chance of you getting into an accident. As a result, you may see your premiums go up to compensate for this additional risk.
Filing Insurance Claims
After an accident, you can file a claim through the Infinity app or by calling 1-800-INFINITY. Your policy number and contact information are already on file, making claims much more manageable.
Saving Money With Discounts
Drivers looking to save a few extra bucks with Infinity won’t be disappointed. Along with affordable auto insurance policies for safe drivers and high-risk drivers, Infinity offers various discounts, although some are only available in certain states:
- Homeowners discount: If you live in Florida, Texas, or Arizona, bundle your home and car insurance to save money.
- Good student discount: If you’re a young driver in high school or college student with a B average (3.0 GPA) or higher, you can enjoy savings on your car insurance.
- Multi-car discount: Save money by insuring multiple vehicles on the same policy in Florida, Texas, or Arizona.
- Mature driver improvement course discount: Senior drivers in California and Florida can enroll in defensive driving courses and save money on car insurance.
- Renewal discount: All California drivers can qualify for a discount upon policy renewal.
- Paid-in-full discount: Available in Florida, Texas, and Arizona, paying for your insurance upfront can cut your premiums.
- Advanced quote discount: Available in Florida and Texas, you can enjoy this discount by maintaining your insurance without any lapses in coverage.
- Safety features discount: Installing safety features like anti-lock brakes and anti-theft systems can qualify you for a discount on your insurance (available to Florida drivers).
- Paperless discount: Arizona-based drivers who opt out of receiving paper mailings enjoy this paperless discount.
- Online quote discount: Arizona and Texas-based drivers are eligible for discounts when retrieving a quote online.
- Accident-free/years clean discount: Arizona and Texas-based drivers enjoy a discount for having a clean driving record for 35-plus months.
- AAA member discount: Arizona-based AAA members can get a discount on their car insurance.
Infinity Car Insurance Coverage Options
Infinity car insurance customers can choose between multiple coverage options to customize their insurance needs and budget. These coverage options meet state minimum liability requirements:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: Bodily injury helps cover costs for medical expenses, and property damage liability helps pay for repairs to another person’s vehicle or property.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This coverage protects drivers involved in a collision with an uninsured driver or drivers who lack enough auto insurance coverage to compensate you for your claim.
- Collision coverage: When you opt for collision coverage, the insurer pays to repair or replace your vehicle after an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers the cost of repairs or replacement due to theft, vandalism, weather-related incidents, and other damages that are not usually the result of driving your vehicle.
- Infinity DriverClub: DriverClub is Infinity’s roadside assistance program. Membership to DriverClub is free, with drivers only paying for coverage once used. All DriverClub members enjoy free towing to the nearest repair shops with 24/7 roadside assistance, even if you’re a passenger in someone else’s vehicle.
- Commercial car insurance: Infinity has a suite of products for businesses, including auto insurance that covers vehicles used for commercial purposes.
- Classic car insurance: Do you have a classic car? Infinity offers specialized coverage to keep your prized possession safe.
- Ride-share insurance: In the Miami area, drivers who work for ride-share apps like Uber and Lyft can get gap coverage between their insurance and the ride-share company’s insurance policy.
Infinity Home Insurance Coverage
Other products from Infinity include home insurance coverage to protect your house and possessions in case of an accident or unexpected event. This policy covers damage from events like theft, hail, lightning, fire, and wind.
If you’re a mobile homeowner, you can also secure homeowners insurance from Infinity. These policies will protect you from personal liability if someone gets injured on your property.
Infinity Business Insurance Coverage
As mentioned above, Infinity has a range of business insurance options, including:
- General liability insurance: Also known as commercial general liability, this is one of the most popular business insurance coverage types for businesses of any size. This insurance protects your company if an employee or customer files a claim against you. Infinity’s plan includes property liability coverage, bodily injury liability coverage, legal fee coverage, and personal injury coverage.
- Commercial auto insurance: If you use a vehicle while conducting business, you can get commercial auto insurance from Infinity. Policyholders enjoy many of the same perks that personal car insurance affords, including discounts, leniency for high-risk drivers, and multiple coverage and payment options. Business owners can also opt for trailer insurance, foreign license acceptance, and automatic coverage for eligible new hire employees.
- Commercial property insurance: Infinity offers commercial property insurance to keep you covered if you have a warehouse of inventory or expensive equipment at your business site. This insurance covers stolen, damaged, or destroyed goods from accidents, theft, wind, fire damage, and even lightning.
- Business owner’s policy: With commercial property insurance covering company losses and general liability insurance protection against bodily or property damage claims, many business owners see the need to combine the two policies. Therefore, a business owner’s policy (BOP) combines both types of insurance under one affordable policy.
- Professional liability (errors and omissions): Any service-based business should have professional liability insurance known as Errors and Omissions coverage. This insurance protects you if a customer is injured or unsatisfied with services rendered.
- Worker’s compensation: If an employee gets injured on the job, you may need to pay court fees, medical fees, lost wages, and the costs of hiring a new worker. Worker’s compensation insulates you from out-of-pocket expenses.
- Inland marine insurance: Do you regularly move equipment and goods between working sites? Protect your moveable, specialized, and temporary property with inland marine insurance.
- Key person life insurance: Many businesses purchase life insurance for a key person in the company. The business will pay this premium and is the policy’s beneficiary.
- Home-based business insurance: Unfortunately, many homeowners believe their homeowner’s policy will cover their home-based business, but this isn’t the case. Running a business out of your home can sometimes void your homeowner’s policy. You’ll receive property and liability insurance for any business files, equipment, and practices with home-based business insurance.
- Business interruption insurance: After a significant event, such as a natural disaster, your business may be forced to shut down for some time to recover. This coverage helps you get back on your feet and start serving your loyal customers much sooner.
Who Should Consider Getting Infinity Car Insurance?
With its entire website and resources in English and Spanish, Infinity auto insurance works well for Hispanic communities, particularly if English is a second language.
As one of the best options for drivers seeking an SR-22 for insurance, Infitinty is ideal for high-risk drivers. Drivers with an excellent driving record who don’t need an SR-22 may find Infinity’s insurance premiums too high.
Infinity Auto Insurance is only available in five states, so drivers who live in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, and Texas may want to get a quote for Infinity car insurance.
|Insurance Review Platform||Rating|
|Clearsurance||2.01/5 (276 reviews)|
|Glassdoor||3.6/5 (10 reviews)|
Infinity Auto Insurance was awarded two stars on the consumer review site Clearsurance. However, many customer reviews mentioned that while the rates were lower for high-risk drivers, it was difficult to get in touch with insurance agents, and there were high cancellation fees. Despite these negative reviews on Clearsurance, Infinity earned a ‘B’ grade from the Better Business Bureau.
On Glassdoor, Infinity’s employees rank it as an average place to work with an overall score of 3.8, with one of the most common gripes being an general lack of communication.
Pros and Cons of Infinity Car Insurance
If you’re considering making the leap to Infinity auto insurance, we’ve put together a few pros and cons to help you make the best choice.
Pros of Infinity Insurance
- Resources in Spanish: Infinity provides all of its website resources and app in English and Spanish.
- Caters to high-risk drivers: High-risk drivers with a spotty record or those needing an SR-22 will find it easier to get coverage with Infinity.
- Wide variety of insurance products: Infinity auto insurance has agreements with several third-party insurers, providing a long list of insurance products for policyholders to choose from.
Cons of Infinity Insurance
- Limited availability: Infinity is only available in five states: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, and Texas.
- High complaint index: Infinity receives many more complaints than other car insurance providers.
- Not affordable for drivers who aren’t high risk: Drivers with stellar driving records won’t find Infinity as cheap as those with accidents or tickets on their record.
FAQs About Infinity Auto Insurance
Does Infinity Insurance have a mobile app?
Yes, Infinity has an English and Spanish-language iOS and Android mobile app. Live chats with agents, filing claims, making payments, and accessing ID cards can all be performed using the app.
How do I file a claim?
To file a claim, use the Infinity app or call 1-800-INFINITY and speak to a First Notice of Loss Adjuster.
How do I cancel my policy?
Policyholders can cancel their insurance policy online or through its customer service phone number 1-800-782-1020.
Although the Infinity website doesn’t mention cancellation fees, some customers reported paying hefty fees to cancel their policies.
Does Infinity Insurance offer coverage in my state?
Infinity covers drivers in five states: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, and Texas. You can’t receive coverage from Infinity if you don’t live in any of these states, though you may find coverage through their parent company, Kemper.
How do Infinity car insurance quotes compare with those from other insurance providers?
It’s a good idea to shop around for car insurance rates from multiple insurance companies to compare your quote from Infinity Insurance. To see various car insurance quotes side-by-side, enter your ZIP code below.