Why choose Is Kemper Insurance Your Best Option in 2022??
- Responsive claims service with claims representatives ready to help you 24/7
- Save the planet – Go Paperless! Set up an account to view your policy information electronically
- Helpful reminders – you can sign up to receive payment reminders by text or email
Did you know...?
- Trusted, affordable auto insurance for their customers
- Reputable company – A.M. Best Rating is A- (excellent)
- Kemper employs 6,000 associates dedicated to providing exceptional service
- Versión en Español
- Customer Service: 800-456-1919
- Claims: 888-252-2799
- Roadside Assistance: 877-506-4222
- Kemper Insurance, 12926 Gran Bay Parkway West, Jacksonville, FL 32258
- [email protected]
Kemper Auto's available discounts:
- Paperless: Save the environment and save some money at the same time!
- Multi-vehicle: Insure more than one vehicle with Kemper Auto and get a discount
- Airbags: Cars with airbags fitted are safer, so get rewarded with a cheaper premium
- Safe driver: If you can prove that you've had no accidents or claims, then you could get a discounted premium
- Married or civil union: Found your one true love? Now find it a second time at the price you'll pay for your insurance
- Mature driver: Older drivers have more experience and deserve a discount
- Anti-theft devices: Does your car have a tracker? Then take advantage of a lower price
Kemper Auto Customer Reviews:
"I would definitely recommend Kemper Insurance to a friend. The service is great, the coverage is great, and the prices are really competitive." Alexis
"They are always there when I need a question answered and are quick to respond. Great service overall. Highly recommend." Tommy
"Very affordable and very reliable. I will probably never use another insurance company - why downgrade?" Trinnity
Since 1990, Kemper Insurance has been “improving the world of insurance” by offering auto insurance policies to high-risk drivers. They also provide coverage for other areas including home, life, health, valuables, and business.
With over 10,000 employees and 34,000 agents and brokers, Kemper is one of the leading insurance companies in all 50 states, including the District of Columbia.
Kemper Insurance works with drivers who have been struggling to find auto insurance coverage because they have an accident on their record, a DUI, poor credit, or a lapse in coverage. If you are considered a “high-risk driver” Kemper Auto Insurance may be an option for you.
Kemper Insurance Review
Kemper has offered auto insurance to drivers in all 50 states, including the District of Columbia, since 1990. Their full array of coverage options is designed to meet a wide variety of drivers needs, including those considered high-risk.
With over 30,000 agents and brokers, 9,500 associates, and $6.2 million in policies, the Kemper Corporation is a large insurance company with over 30 years of service.
Let’s take a look at their ratings:
|Company||Rating||Number of Reviews|
|J. D. Power||784/1,000||N/A|
As you can see, Kemper receives mixed reviews.
The independent rating organization A. M. Best rated Kemper an A. This indicates it is financially sound and stable, reducing the chances that it will be unable to pay claims.
Kemper has been accredited with the BB Bsince February of 2021 and it has an A+ rating, however, customer reviews tell a very different story.
The customer rating is 1.04/5 based on an average of 140 customer reviews.
There have been 623 complaints closed with the BBB in the last 3 years and 400 complaints closed in the last 12 months. Common complaints include: not being able to get in contact with agents, receiving the run around when trying to solve a claim, agents lying to customers and potential customers, and more.
Clearsurance giving it a 2.9/5 is in line with the BBB. Some of the poor reviews mention the premium increasing after a few months, increasing rates without notice, not paying for claims as promised and not responding to questions/concerns in a timely manner.
Keep in mind, since Kemper offers more than auto insurance, these reviews are for their coverage as a whole – not just for those with vehicle policies.
Kemper Insurance received overall positive reviews from their employees on Glassdoor who mentioned bonuses, health insurance, and 401K benefits as positives. They also thrive in the company’s culture and find management to be “very personable” with an understanding of work-life balance.
Kemper Car Insurance Coverage
Like most auto insurers, Kemper offers a wide variety of car insurance coverage options for most drivers, including non-standard or high-risk policies.
- Liability Coverage: Covers bodily injury liability and property damage liability
- Comprehensive Coverage: Pays for vehicle damage related to theft, vandalism, environmental damage, or other covered losses
- Roadside Assistance: Coverage for roadside emergencies like towing and battery jump starts
Along with their Kemper Auto insurance, they also offer Personal Insurance Auto Coverage including their Kemper Prime Auto Enhanced, Kemper Total and Auto/Loan Lease Coverages:
- Kemper Prime Auto Enhanced: This coverage combines several popular auto insurance coverages in one including
- Waiving your first accident or minor violation
- Diminishing deductible credit for being a safe driver
- Waiving your deductible when your vehicle is damaged while parked
- And more!
- Kemper Total: This coverage is designed for new vehicles. If your vehicle is damaged, Kemper will pay the full amount to repair it or buy you a new one.
- Auto Loan/Lease: This coverage is also known as gap coverage. In the event that your car is stolen or totaled, Kemper will pay the difference between your vehicle’s cash value and how much you owe on your loan.
Does Kemper Offer Policy Discounts?
Yes. Kemper offers multiple ways to save money on your car insurance. Check out their immediate discounts to make your car insurance more affordable.
- Good Student Discount: You could save money on car insurance if you are a high school or college student. To qualify, you must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Defensive Driving Course Discount: You can reduce your insurance premium and driving record by enrolling in a qualifying safe driver course.
- Multi-Car Discount: Do you own more than one vehicle? If you do and insure them under the same insurance policy, you can save money on your insurance rates.
- Homeowner Discount: Owning a home with the same physical address as your car insurance policy can reduce your insurance premium.
- Military Discount: Kemper helps active-duty military and National Guard members reduce the costs of their insurance bills with this discount.
- Paid-in-Full Discount: Paying your entire balance in advance instead of breaking it into monthly payments will make you eligible to save on your insurance.
- Advance Quote Discount: This discount is applied to your policy rate when you receive a quote from Kemper and purchase the policy before the “effective” start date.
- Proof of Prior Insurance Discount: If you’ve had insurance in the past, you can save with Kemper’s proof of prior insurance discount
- Anti-Theft Discount: You can save if your vehicle has a device that disables your car if it’s reported stolen.
As you can see, Kemper provides many ways to ease the strain on your car insurance budget. However, asking about additional discounts and savings that may apply to you never hurts. Often, insurance companies only list the most popular discount options.
Requesting a complete list of options could help you get the most out of your insurance coverage at an affordable rate.You can do this by reading out to a local Kemper Insurance independent agent.
How to Get a Kemper Car Insurance Quote
Finding the best car insurance option to fit your needs starts with a quote.
Kemper offers four quick and easy options to find the right coverage:
- Online: You can visit Kemper.com and submit your information for an individualized quote.
- Call: If you prefer to speak by phone with a representative, call 1-800-463-4648.
- Chat: Representatives are available 24/7 via their website to offer auto insurance quotes via online chat message.
To expedite the process, have your:
- Name, date of birth, and driver’s license number of each driver in your home.
- Year, make, model, year, and vehicle identification number of each car you wish to add to your policy
- Copy of your current or most recent auto insurance policy.
Having this information on hand will help when it’s time to get an accurate quote for your insurance.
But did you know there’s a better way to see if you’re getting the best rate for your insurance? At Compare we offer an auto insurance comparison tool that will compare the rates of 70+ top insurance companies and present you with a list of the best options for you based on your need. And best of all, it takes minutes to complete.
Get Your Cheap Car Insurance Quote
Get Your Cheap Car Insurance Quote
Kemper Auto Insurance Pros and Cons
Kemper fills a massive gap in the auto insurance industry for drivers struggling to qualify for non-standard car insurance, which most major insurers offer. One of the biggest pros of Kemper insurance is that they provide this lifeline that keeps at-risk drivers on the road with legal, quality insurance.
However, Kemper’s mobile app has been touted as a bit unreliable, leaving customers unable to file claims and view their insurance policies on the go. Also, with their so-so reviews, you might not be pleased with your overall experience once you become a customer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Kemper Insurance
How do I report a claim?
If you need to report a claim to Kemper Insurance, contact them via phone at 1-800-353-6737. You can also report your claim online via the Report a Claim page.
What kind of insurance is Kemper?
Kemper Insurance provides myriad options if you need coverage for your vehicle, home, rental, condo, business, health, or life.
Is Kemper a “high-risk” auto insurance company?
Kemper has a reputation for providing high-risk drivers with auto insurance coverage in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
Is Kemper Insurance a good insurance company?
It depends on who you ask. The BBB gives it an A+ rating, but Clearsurance and BBB customer reviews provide less than glowing comments about the company as a whole.
Who is Kemper Insurance owned by?
Kemper Insurance is owned by Zurich Insurance Group of Switzerland