On July 1st, 1912, The Massachusetts Employees’ Insurance Association opened its doors. They offered customers workers’ compensation, expanding to auto insurance in 1914. By 1917, they changed their name to Liberty Mutual Insurance, and the rest is history. Over their 100 years in business, they have grown to be one of the US’ leading insurers. They are a mutual company, which means that every policyholder is a shareholder – so they really do work for you.
There are some great additional benefits you can add to your Liberty Mutual policy. Including their ‘Better Car Replacement’ coverage, which means that if your car is a write-off following an accident, you will get a car a year younger and with 15,000 fewer miles (terms and conditions apply). Good drivers can also choose to add ‘Accident Forgiveness’. If you’re accident and violation free for five years, Liberty Mutual won’t increase your premium after your first car accident (terms and conditions apply).
Is anyone on your policy a teacher? Liberty Mutual offers unique features and discounts for our nations’ educators. Plus, if you get your car fixed at a shop listed on Liberty’s Guaranteed Repair Network, then your repair is guaranteed for as long as you own the car. As an optional extra, you can even get a rental car for as long as your car is in the garage – no more hustling a friend for a ride.
If you ever need to make a claim, Liberty Mutual have a free 24/7 phone line to report your claim. If you’re more tech savvy, you can submit your claim online or through their free app. Once it’s submitted, you can check back on your claims status page in your secure online portal. Then you can track your claim, update your information, see the latest information and even send your appraiser photos and documents relating to your claim. For the ultimate ease, you can opt to receive text alerts about your claim, including changes to your payment status.
Why choose Liberty Mutual Insurance?
- You can connect with Liberty through a variety of channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Linkedin – even Instagram!
- They have more than 400 local offices across the United States
- They offer multiple graduate programs and internships to help train the next generation of insurance nerds
Did you know...?
- Liberty Mutual has donated over $18 million (employee and corporate match) to charity
- They are an official partner of the US Soccer Federation, the governing body for soccer in the USA
- Liberty Mutual Insurance is a primary sponsor of Team USA, including for the 2014 and 2016 Olympics and Paralympics