Why choose Safeco Insurance?
- 24-hour claims and customer support line, available 7 days a week
- For each year you don’t make an insurance claim, Safeco will reduce your deductible by $100 (up to $500)
- Connect with Safeco Insurance online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or Linkedin
Did you know...?
- If you have an Amazon Echo, you can enable the Insurance Advisor Skill to answer questions about insurance and even look up independent agents in your area
- Safeco own the naming rights to the Seattle Mariners’ baseball stadium
- You can manage your policy online and even print your ID cards
- Versión en Español
- Customer Service: 800-332-3226
- Claims: 800-332-3226
- Roadside Assistance: 877-762-3101
- Safeco Insurance, Safeco Plaza, 1001 4th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98154
The reason many customers like Safeco is right there in the name: It’s a safe bet for car insurance. The company, which is part of Liberty Mutual, has been around for nearly a century, so you know it’s not going anywhere. Safeco is known for good-quality, affordable car insurance and a network of helpful independent agents who can help you build a personalized policy.
However, working with an insurance agent isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Many customers prefer to DIY their auto insurance and manage their policy digitally. So is Safeco car insurance the best fit for you? Let’s take a closer look, so you have all the information you need to decide.
Safeco Insurance Reviews
|Clearsurance||4/5 – 1088 reviews|
On Clearsurance, a consumer review site, Safeco Insurance customers generally give the company a thumbs-up. Customers like Safeco’s wealth of insurance options, friendly service and low prices.
Safeco’s performance in the J.D. Power rankings of auto insurance customer satisfaction isn’t as stellar. Its ranking varies by region; Safeco is 10th in California, 14th in the Central U.S., and 8th in the Southwest, just to give a few examples.
Safeco gets an A rating from A.M. Best. That means Safeco’s financial situation is deemed to be strong, so you can be confident it won’t go out of business or have trouble paying claims.
The Better Business Bureau gives Safeco an A+, which means that the company usually responds to complaints, has been around for a while, and generally has good business practices. (Just know that negative customer reviews aren’t factored into the BBB rating.)
On Glassdoor, you’ll find mixed reviews about working for Safeco. Several employees say it’s a high-stress, demanding workplace, and some aren’t happy with the company’s purchase by Liberty Mutual. Others describe supportive teammates and many opportunities to move up.
How much can I save with Safeco Insurance?
Safeco offers a generous assortment of discounts to its customers. One option is the RightTrack telematics program. Allow Safeco to track your driving via phone or plug-in device for 90 days, and you can save from 5% to 30% on insurance if you prove you’re a cautious driver. Here are some of the discounts Safeco offers:
|Accident Prevention Discount||Drivers who are 55+ can get a discount for taking an approved driver safety course (in most states).|
|Good Student Discount||Good grades equal savings in Safeco’s Teen Safety Rewards program.|
|Good Driver Discount||If you have a clean driving record, you can get an insurance discount.|
|Multi-Vehicle Discount||Get a discount for insuring more than one vehicle with Safeco.|
|Paid-in-Full Discount||Save when you pay your premium in full.|
|Homeowner’s Discount||If you live in a home you own, you’ll see big savings.|
|Anti-Theft Discount||Get a discount for having an alarm or an anti-theft disabling device on your vehicle.|
|Multi-Policy Discount||Save up to 15% when you buy both your auto and homeowners policies through Safeco.|
|Diminishing Deductible||As long as you don’t have any claims on your policy, your collision deductible will decrease at every renewal for up to five years or until the $500 maximum is reached.|
|Low Mileage Discount||Save up to 20% if you drive less than 8,000 miles per year, or if you use mass transit more than you drive.|
|Anti-Lock Brakes Discount||You probably have anti-lock brakes — and that means you can save.|
|RightTrack Safe Driving Discount||The RightTrack telematics program tracks your driving with a device or app for 90 days.|
Where does Safeco Insurance offer coverage?
Safeco serves drivers in all 50 states. Not all car insurance companies can say that!
Is Safeco Insurance right for me?
The discounts look good. The reviews are positive. So, is Safeco Insurance the best car insurance company for you? It might be, if:
- You appreciate a company that goes above and beyond on service, with optional Claims Valet service, accident forgiveness, roadside assistance and more.
- You like being rewarded for safe driving with a diminishing deductible.
- You like the personal service a dedicated agent can offer.
Before you commit to any auto insurance company, however, you should compare customized, real-life quotes. It only takes a few minutes to discover which insurance company can offer you the lowest rates. Just enter your ZIP code to start.
What else does Safeco offer?
Safeco offers a wide array of policies for your vehicles, your stuff and your life. (Not all are available in every state.)
Auto & Vehicle
- Boat and Watercraft
- Classic Car
- Golf Cart/Low-Speed Vehicle
- Ridesharing Insurance
- Home Warranty
- Valuable Articles
- Personal Umbrella
- Pet Health
- Identity Recovery
Safeco Insurance FAQs
- How do I file a claim with Safeco? Safeco offers 24/7 claims service. Call 1-800-332-3226 anytime, or file online.
- How can I lower my Safeco premium? Maintain a good driving record and/or bundle home and auto insurance for big savings. Or, opt for a bigger deductible or lower coverage levels.
- Does Safeco have a mobile app? Yes! The Safeco Mobile app, available for iOS and Android, lets you access your ID cards, make a payment, manage your policies, submit a claim, contact your agent and more.
- What extra insurance options does Safeco offer? Accident forgiveness, a diminishing deductible, and reimbursement for first aid you render to others are all Included in your policy. Optional coverage includes rental car reimbursement and roadside assistance.
- Does Safeco offer coverage near me? Yes! Safeco writes car insurance policies in all 50 states.
Safeco in the community
The Safeco Insurance Fund, which is part of the Liberty Mutual Foundation, gives grants to nonprofits in Washington state. The fund focuses its giving on organizations that offer educational opportunities to underprivileged youth; provide essential services to homeless men, women and children; and promote accessibility for individuals of all abilities.
Employees are encouraged to be active in their community, too, by participating in annual Days of Service and donating to their chosen causes.
You may know them from…
Because Safeco’s part of Liberty Mutual, it doesn’t have its own TV campaign or mascot (like Limu Emu & Doug). Instead, Safeco’s independent agents are the collective face of the company. The company focuses its marketing on the work of those agents, their community service and all the ways they help customers.
Safeco on social media
Connect with Safeco on most social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.