The General® is part of PGC Holdings Corp. (PGC) and has been wholly owned by American Family Insurance since 2013. American Family Insurance is one of the US’ largest insurance companies, with over $20 billion in assets. PGC writes insurance in many states across the US and insures thousands of vehicles nationwide. A.M. Best has rated PGC and The General® A- (excellent) based on its financial stability and The Better Business Bureau has given them an A+ rating since their accreditation in 2005.
Based in Nashville, Tennessee, The General® agents and representatives are all exclusively customer focused. They invest in technology to make things as easy as possible for their customers. Their agents have electronic verification programs to ensure that they can get you their best price on car insurance with no surprises. The General® will help you secure the car insurance coverage you need in the most convenient way possible. Whether that’s on your mobile phone, tablet, online, phone or through a local agent.
No one’s perfect and The General® understands that. The General® prides itself on saying “YES” where other insurance companies say “no”. That’s why they offer plans to drivers who may have a history of violations, accidents or suffer with poor credit. They also provide several custom options like choosing your own car insurance payment date, flexible payment plans and low down payments.
There are many great benefits of insuring with The General®. Once you’ve bought your policy, you can instantly print off proof of purchase. Furthermore, their free claims line lets you speak to a representative 24/7 and you can report a claim or check on an existing claim whenever needed.
Why choose The General® Auto Insurance?
- Download The General® free app where you can view your car insurance policy information and even make payments
- Car insurance policyholders can choose 6 or 12 month policies, depending on your budget
- Always losing your insurance ID card? You can get easy access to your car insurance policy information through The General® app, then it’s always with you
Did you know...?
- The General® boasts 50 years of experience when writing car insurance with their customers
- In Louisiana? Swing by one of their retail stores and meet the team
- The General® mascot and new spokesman Shaquille O’Neal are just as famous as the The General® brand. Super-fans can buy hats, t-shirts and mugs with these notable figures