- Customer Service: 1-866-324-8222
- Claims: 1-800-336-0627
- 600 Independence Parkway P.O. Box 4700 Chesapeake, VA 23327-4700
Chubb Insurance has developed a reputation as one of the top auto insurance choices for individuals and families in higher income brackets. They offer an extensive line of perks and services that are not readily available to the average auto consumer, and we can see why.
While not a household name like Geico or Allstate, Chubb is a global property and casualty insurance leader. They are also the world’s largest publicly traded P & C insurance company.
With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb touts itself as providing a standard of unparalleled, exceptional, and seamless service to its high-end customer base. These customers expect the best and have come to entrust them to ensure their high-end vehicles and collector cars.
Is Chubb Insurance company the right fit for your auto insurance needs? Let’s dive in and learn a little more about them so that you can make the best decision for your needs.
What is Chubb Insurance?
Chubb Insurance is a worldwide leading insurance company with its origins dating back to 1792 in Philadelphia. However, the Chubb Corporation was created in 1882 when Thomas Caldecot Chubb and his son Percy formed an underwriting business in New York City. At the time, their focus was primarily on insuring ships and cargoes.
They quickly achieved success and, by 1900, had gained the respect of the agents and brokers with whom they partnered. In 2017, Chubb celebrated 225 years in business and, to this day, is regarded as an industry leader and innovator.
Their insurance services expand to 54 countries and territories throughout North America, Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
How Does Chubb Work?
Chubb excels at meeting the needs of policyholders looking for white glove treatment for their high-end vehicles. They offer standard coverage and some not-so-standard coverages to satisfy the needs of its affluent customer base. Their primary focus is on helping policyholders avert disaster by providing the most reliable insurance protection in case of an auto accident.
Insurance Coverage Options
One of Chubb’s first commitments to its auto policyholders is to make vehicle repairs less challenging. It starts with allowing you to choose your mechanic or body shop and they require that all repairs be done using original equipment manufacturer parts.
Their signature auto insurance coverage, Chubb Masterpiece®, includes some of the most comprehensive options available on the road today. Here’s a snapshot of a few of the options available.
- Agreed Value Coverage. This optional coverage allows you to decide what your car is worth when your policy is written. If your vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident, they will write a check for that original agreed-upon amount.
- Choice of Repair Shop. Choose the body shop or mechanic of your choice, no questions asked.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer Parts. It is rare for auto insurers to pay the cost of authentic parts. However, at Chubbs, this is the standard.
- Original Manufacturer Procedures. When you take your vehicle in for service, they insist your mechanic or repair shop follow the original manufacturer’s procedures to ensure your car performs correctly.
- Safety Advocates. The claim adjusters double as safety advocates. They focus on the safety and quality of the repairs to ensure your car meets the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Worldwide Rental Car Coverage. This option extends beyond the United States and Canada to include rental car coverage in Europe, Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Rental Car Reimbursement. In case of an accident, you can rent a vehicle like your own with no per-day limits. This coverage also pays more than the average company, at up to $5000 per occurrence.
- High Coverage Limits for Liability and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists. You can rest assured that you’ll be protected if you’re involved in an accident or sued with up to $10 million in auto liability and $1 million in uninsured/underinsured protection.
Chubbs is probably not the best option for drivers looking to save money on their auto insurance policy. Chubbs has built a stellar reputation for offering unparalleled customer service and coverage solutions to drivers of high-value cars. Therefore, their rates are at a premium, and their customer base is willing and able to absorb the rate increases in exchange for the quality and service they’ve come to expect,
If you’re involved in an accident, Chubbs makes it easy and convenient to file your claim. There are three ways to report your claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week – via phone, online, or through your local agent.
Once your claim has been submitted, it will be assigned to a claims expert who’ll contact you for additional information about your claim. The Claims Examiner will be your main point of contact and help you with repair estimates, assessing your vehicle for damages, and setting up your rental car. They are also there to answer any questions you may have throughout the claims process.
Auto Insurance Discounts
Depending on where you live, several auto discount opportunities are available to you. Here are a few to consider.
- Auto with Home. You may qualify to receive a credit if you insure your home and car on the same policy.
- Good Student Discount. If a listed driver on your policy is a student and maintains a high-grade level you should qualify for a good student discount.
- Accident Prevention Course Discount. Complete an approved defensive driving course to save on your premium.
- Air Bag/Passive Restraint Discount. When your vehicle is equipped with factory-installed air bags you can get a discount on your insurance.
- Anti-Lock Brake Discount. If your car has an anti-locking braking system, look forward to saving.
- Anti-Theft Discount. Save money if you have theft-deterrent equipment installed in your vehicle.
- Multi-Car Discount. Get a discount for insuring more than one vehicle on the same policy.
- Daytime Running Lights Discount. If your vehicle is equipped with automatic daytime running lamps you can save on your premium.
Although we’ve listed some standard car insurance discounts, it’s always best to ensure your base insurance rate is good to start with. The best way to do that is to compare auto insurance quotes from different companies. Drivers who use our auto insurance comparison tool save an average of $720/year. Enter your zip code below to get started.
Coverage Options at Chubb
Here are some of the most common types of insurance you should consider:
Most states require liability coverage which helps cover expenses related to injuries, property damage, or death from an accident you caused.
Collision coverage is usually required if you finance or lease your car. It helps to cover expenses related to repairs from car accidents, regardless of who’s at fault.
Comprehensive coverage may also be required if you finance or lease your car. It helps to cover expenses related to non vehicle related accidents such those due to weather, theft, fire, vandalism, or wildlife.
This insurance coverage helps with expenses related to the uninsured or drivers who do not have enough coverage to pay for property or medical costs.
Other Chubb Insurance Options
Chubb is an industry leader in insurance underwriting with an extensive line of products and services to support businesses and consumers. Here are some additional insurance options they have available.
- Commercial Insurance
- Personal Property and Casualty Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Yacht/Boat Insurance
Where is Chubbs Insurance Available?
They service 54 countries and territories throughout North America, Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Chubb Auto Insurance Customer Reviews
|Better Business Bureau||A+|
Chubb Insurance received overall positive reviews on all platforms from both policyholders and employees alike.
How to Know if Chubb is a Good Fit For You
Still wondering if Chubbs is suitable for you? We’ve found this company to be a good fit for you if:
- You have a high net worth.
- You drive a high-value vehicle or classic car.
- You’re looking for top-notch customer service.
Chubb Auto Insurance FAQs
Does Chubb have a mobile app?
Yes, they do. Their mobile app provides a convenient way to pay your bills, report claims, view and sign documents, and access your auto ID cards.
What extra insurance options does Mercury offer?
Chubb also offers insurance for renters, travels, jewelry, art, antiques, high valuables, farmers, and natural disasters.
Who owns Chubb Insurance?
The Chubb Corporation was founded in New York City by Thomas Caldecot Chubb and his son Percy in 1882.