As one of the largest auto insurers in the United States, National General has grown from strength to strength. First established in 1939 as the Motors Insurance Corporation, National General Insurance changed their name in 2013 and later moved to their current location in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Their licensed agents specialize in assisting drivers just like you to find the right coverage you need at affordable rates. National General understands the stress and the potential added costs that can come with a bad driving record . Their goal is to help get their policyholders back on the road as quickly and affordable as possible while making sure they follow the laws of their state.
National General offers a range of services called ‘SmartServices’, which are optional extras that you can add to your policy to enhance your coverage. These include total loss car replacement, towing and car rental. If you use one of National General’s Gold Medal Repair shops, your collision repair is guaranteed for life. If you’re not happy after the fix, they’ll even waive your deductible up to $250.
You can report a claim 24-hours a day with the majority of their smaller claims paid within 48 hours. Minor claims can even be handled right on the phone. Should the worst happen and you are stranded following an accident, National General will cover up to $500 in food and lodging.
Getting custom wheels or your suspension adjusted can wreak havoc on your premiums. National General, however, know their spoilers from their scoops and can work with you to get your additional equipment covered.
National General’s available discounts
- Low mileage: If you drive less than 15,000 miles a year, you could save up to 54%
- Affinity: Being part of a recognized organization or association could help you to save
- Multi-vehicle: Insure more than one vehicle with National General for a discount
- OnStar: If you have OnStar fitted in your car, you could get a discount of up to 20%
- Safe driver: Prove you’ve taken a defensive driver course and you could save
- Paid in full: Choose to pay annually and take advantage of a discounted premium
National General’s Customer Reviews
“I am very happy with National General Insurance. I have had Auto insurance with them for years. My representative was a southern gentleman. Very kind, patient and helpful. My experience couldn’t have been better. I would recommend National General to everyone.”
“I doubled my car insurance coverage and added collision ($500 deductible) all for less than half of what [another company] was charging me. If I could give them 7 out of 5 stars I still don’t think that would be quite enough to be a wholly accurate review.”
“I received great service from my Agent while she processed my policy, she was very knowledgeable and funny. I will be definitely be recommending National General Insurance to my family and friends.”
Why choose National General Auto Insurance?
- You can call their toll-free claims line 24-hours a day, 365 days a year
- Their flexible payment options allow you to pay in full or by instalments – whatever fits your budget
- Make a quick payment online at a time and location that suits you
Did you know...?
- AM Best has rated National General Auto Insurance as A- ‘excellent’
- They have nearly 80 years’ experience in the auto insurance industry
- If you drive a car in the GM family (Chevrolet, Buick or Cadillac etc.) you may qualify for additional discounts