Why choose Metromile?
- The Metromile app can run diagnostics on your car and get you in touch with a mechanic if you need some help
- The Better Business Bureau has given them an A+ rating
- On average, Metromile customers save an estimated $741 a year
Did you know...?
- Never lose your car again! Their free app tells you where you parked your car and has even been used to recover stolen cars
- Their headquarters are in San Francisco, California
- You can file a claim 24/7 (they make things easy and let you file everything online) and get your own dedicated claims adjuster to help you every step of the way
- Customer Service: 888-244-1702
- Claims: 888-215-9176
- Roadside Assistance: 888-215-9176
- Metromile, 690 Folsom Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94107
Metromile's available discounts:
- Mileage: The less you drive your car, the lower your premium will be
- Multi-vehicle: Insure more than one vehicle and take advantage of a discount
- Mature driver: Older drivers have more experience on the road, so Metromile will reward this experience will discounted premiums
Metromile Customer Reviews:
"I called and it was easy, no pressure sales pitch. I'm now a happy customer and I am saving over half of what I was paying." Gregory
"When my Jetta was totaled in July, everything was handled swiftly and well . . . I like the info I can get on my driving habits, too. And I saved a ton of money!" Sue
"I live and work in a large city with lots of public transit, and there are very few places that I need to drive outside of a 30 mile radius. If you only need to use your car sparingly, this insurance is great." James
If you have an urban lifestyle, where you might not use your car every day, then Metromile could be for you. Metromile offers a revolutionary kind of car insurance for low-mileage drivers (under 200 miles per week). With pay-per-mile insurance, your monthly bill is based on the miles driven. Unlike other usage-based programs, the Pulse doesn’t take your braking or speed into account – just your mileage. Plug a device in your car and it measures how many miles you drive; the less you drive – the less you pay. Plus, if you drive more than 150 miles a day (250 miles in WA), the additional miles are free. I think I can hear a road trip coming…!
Despite saving on your insurance, you won’t have to skimp on coverage. Metromile offers the basics like bodily injury, property damage and uninsured motorist cover but also offers some premium options. You can choose to add rental reimbursement, 24/7 roadside assistance and comprehensive and collision coverage.
Metromile not only wants to help with your insurance, they want to improve your entire car owning experience. When you download the free Metromile app, you can keep track of your trips. You can see where you went and how long it took to get there. The app also helps to locate your car in case it’s stolen (or you simply forget where you parked it). Plus, if you live in Chicago, Los Angeles, San Diego or San Francisco, you can sign up for street sweeping alerts to avoid future tickets.