- Customer Service: 1 (800) 232-6600
- Claims: 1-800-367-6564
- Roadside Assistance: 1-800-367-6564
- 301 Sullivan Way PO Box 428 West Trenton, NJ 08628-0227
What is NJM Insurance?
With over 100 years of service under their belt, the New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company is no stranger to the insurance world. Offering affordable commercial auto insurance to drivers in the Northeast region, NJM is known for its five-star customer service, generous discounts, and various policies.
So is NJM Insurance the insurance solution you’re searching for? Let’s dive in and find out.
How does NJM Insurance work?
NJM’s commitment to stellar service earned it the top spot with J.D. Power for customer satisfaction in the Atlantic region. What makes NJM insurance stand out from its competition? Here is a brief overview of how NJM Insurance works and if it’s a good fit for you.
Making Payments to NJM
NJM Insurance gives their customers four different ways to manage their payments:
- Online portal: Make payments with your debit or credit card or set up automatic payments
- Online banking bill payment service: Use your bank’s online bill pay service to pay for your policies
- By phone: Call 1-800-232-6600 to reach their automated phone system and pay over the phone
- By mail: Pay by a check with your policy number or by policy coupon. Make your payment out to NJM Insurance Group PO Box 70167 Philadelphia, PA 19176-0167
NJM Rate Increases
Generally, drivers experience rate increases from collisions, moving, or adding a high-risk driver to your policy. NJM mentions that getting a ticket, changing your policy, or being in an at-fault collision can cause your rates to rise.
To help out their drivers, NJM encourages policyholders to take advantage of their many discounts, raise their deductible, or consider bundling policies.
Filing Auto Insurance Claims
You can file claims with NJM online or by phone. If you choose to report it by phone, start by calling 1-800-367-6564 to reach their 24-hour claims center.
Getting Auto Insurance Discounts
NJM is well known for offering excellent discounts. Some discounts are easy to qualify for, but others may require you to take a course or have a specific type of vehicle.
Here are some of NJM’s discount opportunities for drivers to enjoy:
- Defensive driving discount: Complete a state-approved classroom or online defensive driving course to qualify for savings.
- Electronic payment discount: Enroll in the automatic payment plan and save money on your premium.
- Full coverage discount: Drivers who carry comprehensive and collision coverage get a discount applied to your premium.
- Good student discount: If you’re a high school or college student who made Honor Roll, Dean’s List, or has a 3.0 GPA or higher, you might qualify for a discount with NJM.
- Multi-policy discount: Bundle your home, renters, or condo insurance with auto insurance to get a discount.
- Mature driver discount: Drivers over 55 years of age who take a state-approved Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention course qualify for this discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount: Insure two or more vehicles on the same policy to enjoy savings.
- New car discount: If your car is less than two years old you can save on your premium.
- Paid in full discount: Choose to pay your insurance premium in full and receive a discount.
- Paperless discount: Sign up to receive documents electronically and save.
- Vehicle safety equipment discount: Is your vehicle equipped with anti-theft or vehicle recovery devices? If so, you could be eligible for discounts.
NJM Insurance Coverage Options
NJM customers get to choose from numerous coverage options to meet their needs. Here are some of the typical plans along with coverage you can add on to your policy.
- Liability Coverage: Covers costs of injuries, property damage, or death from an at-fault collision. It also pays for a lawyer to defend you if someone sues you for damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for repairs to your vehicle from traffic-related accidents, even when you’re at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers costs of damage to your car from vandalism, weather events, animal collisions, or a hit and run driver.
- Medical Expenses: Provides coverage for the medical expenses you or anyone under your policy incur from a collision.
- Underinsured and Uninsured Coverage: Pays for medical or property damage costs when you’re in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have auto insurance or doesn’t have enough coverage to pay for your damages.
- Transportation Expense: NJM will reimburse policyholders for temporary transportation costs after a covered loss.
- New Car Replacement: This coverage helps you pay for a new car of the same make and model if your vehicle is totaled.
- Limited Pet Coverage: This add-on pays for pet-related costs after a covered loss.
- Gap Insurance: This coverage pays for the remaining balance of your car’s loan or lease after insurance pays your claim if your vehicle suffers a covered total loss.
- Roadside Assistance: Add roadside assistance for protection during covered emergencies like losing your key, getting a flat tire or having a dead battery.
- Rideshare Insurance: This coverage fills in the gaps of the insurance policy with your rideshare service.
What other insurance coverage does NJM offer?
In addition to auto insurance, NJM provides the following kinds of insurance:
- Classic and Car Collector Insurance
- Motorcycle and ATV Insurance
- Boat Coverage Insurance
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Flood Insurance
NJM Auto Insurance Costs
Auto insurance costs are based on several factors. Since no two drivers are alike, you can expect insurance premiums to vary greatly. However, if you like having ballpark costs, here are some average numbers to help you understand how much you might pay with NJM Insurance Group.
|Young Drivers (18-24)||$131|
|Retired Drivers (65+)||$97|
|Drivers With a Clean Record||$123|
|Drivers With a DUI||$152|
|Drivers With an At-Fault Accident||$123|
|Drivers With a Speeding Ticket||$151|
Where is NJM insurance available?
NJM Insurance Customer Reviews
|Clearsurance||4.68/5 – 371 reviews|
NJM was awarded 4.68 stars on the consumer review site Clearsurance. Policyholders reported minimal complaints and praised NJM for its excellent customer service, hassle-free claims, and reasonable prices.
Along with the positive reviews on Clearsurance, NJM was awarded a B- by the Better Business Bureau and an A+ by AM Best.
Based on Glassdoor.com reviews, employees enjoy the business outlook and approve of the CEO but dislike the schedule and say that they sometimes feel overworked.
Pros and Cons of NJM insurance
If you’re still unsure if NJM is a good fit for you, here are some advantages and disadvantages of being insured by this company to help you decide:
Pros of NJM
- Simple and user-friendly website: NJM provides policyholders with a simple website that is easy to navigate.
- Impressive list of discounts: Drivers with NJM can save in many ways with 10+ available discounts.
Cons of NJM
- Only available in 5 states: NJM only offers auto insurance in five states – Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
- No mobile app: NJM has an online portal for managing your policy, but no mobile app is currently available.
How to know if NJM insurance is a good fit
NJM is a good fit for you if:
- You live in the mid-Atlantic region
- You want an insurance company that offers several discounts
- You want to enjoy additional coverage as a rideshare driver
Before making a final decision, you need to compare customized, competitive rates to get the best deal. Simply enter your zip code below to use our auto insurance comparison tool and start your search.
FAQs about NJM insurance
How do I file a claim with NJM insurance?
You can file a claim through NJM’s online portal or call their claims center at 1-800-367-6564.
Does NJM insurance have a mobile app?
No, they do not have a mobile app to manage your policy.
How do I make payments for my NJM bills?
You can make payments through the online portal, by phone, online banking bill pay, or by mail.
What other insurance options does NJM offer?
NJM offers additional insurance options, such as transportation expenses, gap insurance, limited pet coverage, roadside assistance, rideshare coverage, and new car replacement coverage.