Why choose Elephant Auto Insurance?
- They’re transparent with customers and develop tools around their needs.
- Elephant offers discounts where it makes sense — and when their customers deserve them.
- With 24/7 online policy access and digital support, Elephant aims to be as accessible as possible
Did you know...?
- Elephant Insurance’s Diminishing Deductible feature enables customers to earn $50-$100 off their collision deductible each year they go without getting into an accident.
- Customers can save up to 20% for multi-vehicle, paperless bills just by getting a quote online.
- Elephant is part of Admiral Group plc, one of the largest insurers in the U.K. with a presence in eight countries.
- Customer Service: 877-218-7865
- Claims: 866-535-8768
- Roadside Assistance: 877-321-9910
- 9950 Mayland Drive, Henrico, VA 23233
- [email protected]
Elephant is a little different. They make insurance affordable and strive to empower confident choices. This means removing complication and providing guidance, so customers understand their options. But it also means developing tools and technology around their needs. With flexible payment options, easy online account access, and a supportive team of insurance experts, Elephant is committed to helping their customers feel in control of their coverages.
Policyholders can benefit from a range of customer-centric coverages. For example, their Coverage Counselor tool helps customers better understand coverage options. And their simple, straightforward Guided Quote process evolves around customer feedback. With policies available in eight states — GA, IL, IN, OH, MD, TN, TX, and VA — they’re working to grow their footprint. Plus, Elephant is accredited with the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
Elephant is big enough to matter but small enough to care. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Elephant has been voted a Richmond Times-Dispatch Top Workplace for 8 years.
Founded in 2009, Elephant is part of Admiral Group plc, a FTSE 100 company and one of the largest insurers in the UK. With more than 20 years of experience in the auto insurance industry, Admiral boasts 11 brands and more than six million customers worldwide.
Elephant Insurance Reviews
|WalletHub||4.2/5 – 2,570 reviews|
|Clearsurance||3.1/5 – 141 reviews|
With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, Elephant Insurance scores at the very top, right beside other much larger and more well-known carriers such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO. WalletHub also gives high marks to Elephant, with a 4.2/5 score among its 2,570 customer reviews.
Employees also give Elephant above-average ratings, boasting a 3.1 out of 5 on Glassdoor and an 81% approval rating for its CEO, Alberto Schiavon. Many employees praise Elephant’s fun, casual environment and open communications policy.
Clearsurance – a top site for insurance-related user reviews – gives Elephant an above-average 3.1/5 rating, with 141 customer reviews.
Because Elephant Insurance is smaller than many other car insurance providers, they may not have the same number of reviews as some of the larger companies. But overall, their reviews are largely positive, especially for their quick quotes process, low rates, and easy-to-navigate website.
How Much Does Elephant Insurance Cost?
The biggest question on your mind is probably, “how much does it cost?” Well, like most insurance products, the amount you pay for an Elephant Insurance policy depends on a wide range of factors, from driving record and coverage levels to the safety features in your car and other considerations.
But that doesn’t mean you have to go into the process blind. To get an idea of what you might end up paying if you switch to Elephant Insurance, check out the chart of average state premiums we’ve compiled below.
|State||Single Car||Multi Car|
How much can I save with Elephant Insurance?
These days, everyone needs to save money. Which is why Elephant offers a number of car insurance discounts, including:
|Helps you save on your monthly premium when you insure more than one vehicle under one policy.|
|Safe Car Discount||Receive discounts if your car has safety features like hands-free calling.|
|Responsible Driver Discount||If you haven’t had an accident in a while, this option could save you even more.|
|Multi-Policy (Bundled) Discount||Add property insurance, and you’ll receive an additional discount on your auto policy.|
|Good Student Discount||If you’re in school or have someone on your plan who is, good grades could mean lower premiums.|
|Online Quote Discount||Get rewarded by simply setting up your insurance plan online.|
|Electronic Signature Discount||Why sign in person when you can sign online and save money?|
|Paperless Account Discount||Select paperless billing, and you’ll be rewarded for saving trees.|
|Pay in Full Discount||Save money when you pay your total yearly premium in one lump sum.|
Where does Elephant Insurance offer coverage?
Is Elephant Insurance right for me?
Now that you have an idea of how much you’d pay with Elephant and how much you can save, it’s time to ask the important question, “Is Elephant right for me?”
If you find yourself falling into any of the categories below, Elephant might be a good choice for you:
- You have a great driving record and want to be rewarded with lower monthly premiums.
- You or someone on your policy is a student with great grades.
- You’re insuring many cars and would like a discount for insuring them all with one policy.
- You’re looking for an all-in-one insurance company that can provide you with home, life, rental or other insurance policies on top of your auto insurance.
- You would like a substantial discount by paying your total yearly premium in one lump sum.
If you don’t fit any of these categories and are looking for a car insurance policy that is better suited to your individual wants and needs, compare quotes from more than 60 of the country’s top providers by simply entering your ZIP code!
What else does Elephant Insurance offer?
If you need more than car insurance, Elephant may be a good choice. Not only can you get cheap car insurance from Elephant, but they also offer policies for:
Elephant Insurance FAQs
- Can I add or remove coverage in the middle of my policy? Yes! Just log into your online account at any time to add or remove vehicles or drivers, change your address, pay your monthly premium, change your coverage, and more. Some changes, like adding an additional car, will affect your rate and your premium.
- How do I file a claim with Elephant? If you need to file a claim with Elephant, there are two easy ways to do it. You can either call them at 844-937-5353 or file online 24/7 using their dedicated online form.
- Will filing a claim affect my premium? Not immediately. In fact, your rate will not increase due to any claims filed during the 12-month period that your policy is enforced. When your policy is up for renewal, Elephant will assess your current rating factors and will let you know what your new rate will be before your renewal date.
- Does Elephant offer SR-22 insurance? Yes. Meaning that if you’re found guilty of certain traffic offenses, such as a DUI or multiple traffic violations, you may have to file an SR-22 form to either maintain or reinstate your driving privileges. Based on the severity of your offenses, you will probably see an increase in your monthly premium.
- Can I get roadside assistance from Elephant? Absolutely. Elephant makes it easy to protect yourself when you have a breakdown, flat tire or other unforeseen incident with your car. Towing, battery jumps, flat tire replacement, emergency fuel delivery, and lock-out services are all covered with Elephant’s Roadside Assistance Coverage.
- Does Elephant insurance have a mobile app? Yes, but only for customers with an Android-enabled device. You can find the free Elephant Insurance app in the Google Play store.
Why are they called Elephant Insurance?
According to their website, “Elephant may not seem like the most logical name for an insurance company, but actually, it’s a pretty great fit.” Because elephants are big, strong, and look out for their herd. At Elephant, that means taking care of its customers.
Elephant on Social Media
You can find Elephant Insurance on most popular social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube,