State Auto was first established in 1921 with just $30,000 of loaned money and three employees. Founder Robert Pein was looking for a new approach to insurance. Rates were too high and the claims system was never in the customer’s favor. From that day forward, State Auto promised to be different: fair rates and fair claims.
Over the years, State Auto has grown to write $2bn in premiums across all fifty states. The strong relationships that they have formed with independent agents ensures that you are treated with respect. Getting the right coverage is important and their fully trained agents can help whatever your needs.
If you want additional peace of mind, you can add on their AutoXtended® coverage. This is a package that you can add to your State Auto policy to cover areas that you may not receive in any run of the mill policy. This covers things like your cell phone, pet, GPS and key replacement – perfect for ensuring that everything is taken care of in case of an accident.
You can also add HomeXtended® coverage to your homeowners policy. With Compare.com, you can bundle your auto and home coverage in one easy premium with State Auto. Their homeowners policies cover a range of eventualities, should the worst happen. You can even choose to add coverage for extra items, such as golf carts and cell phones.
State Auto aims to put the power in your hands. That’s why they give you the option to report a claim online or over the phone. State Auto has two claims teams, their Express Team is ready to take your call 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. The Catastrophe Team has the latest equipment to react quickly and efficiently to your claim. They are ready to travel within hours of a claim being filed and are trained in advanced technology to help you get back to normal as soon as possible.
State Auto Customer Reviews:
“Excellent customer service. I was short on time, a little stressed and she patiently went over my insurance and took care of faxing all the paperwork out for me. So thankful for her kindness over the phone, it really makes a difference.”
Why choose State Auto Insurance?
- State Auto has more than 5,000 associates and independent agencies across the US to help you
- Aged 45 or older? You can take advantage of their premium Prime of Life® cover
- The Better Business Bureau has given them an A+ rating based on their history, number of complaints and licensing
Did you know...?
- State Auto has seven locations across the US, covering the North, South, East and West
- They have a college internship program, giving the next generation of insurance experts a head start
- The State Auto Foundation has donated thousands of dollars to local community initiatives and organizations