Why choose Dairyland Auto Insurance?
- They offer expert help with financial responsibility filings if needed
- Bilingual agents are available – as well as a Spanish version of their online portal
- 24/7 claims support is available every day of the year
Did you know...?
- They’re among the strongest companies, holding an A+ rating from A.M Best company since 1990
- Online payment options and a mobile app allow you to access your policy whenever you need it
- Dairyland also offers motorcycle coverage, which can be customized to fit each rider’s needs
- Customer Service: 800-334-0090
- Claims: 800-334-0090
- Dairyland Insurance, 1800 Northpoint Drive, Stevens Point, WI 54481
Dairyland was founded to say yes to drivers when other companies say no. It specializes in serving drivers with a less-than-perfect record by offering state minimum insurance, flexible payments, SR-22 insurance and, in some states, non-owner policies.
The name Dairyland reflects the company’s origins in Wisconsin, which has more dairy cattle than any other state. The company is part of Sentry Insurance, a company that insures a wide variety of industries.
Dairyland Insurance Reviews
|Clearsurance||3.8/5 – 163 reviews|
On respected consumer review site Clearsurance, Dairyland Insurance customers give the company better than average reviews. “Really good and cheap insurance,” says one. Customers like Dairyland’s friendly service and good prices.
Dairyland’s parent company, Sentry Insurance, gets an A+ rating from A.M. Best — a rating it’s held for close to 30 years. This means the company is financially secure and will be able to pay future claims.
The Better Business Bureau gives Dairyland an A+. While the company still gets complaints (as all insurers do), the A+ rating means that Dairyland usually responds to complaints and has a long record of good business practices.
On Glassdoor, Dairyland’s parent company, Sentry Insurance, gets generally positive workplace reviews. Over 90% of employees say they’d recommend the company to a friend, and many praise the work culture and benefits. This matters to you, as a Dairyland customer, because happy employees are more likely to give you great service.
How much does Dairyland cost?
If you have a few accidents, tickets and/or claims on your driving record, you know that car insurance can get really expensive, really fast. So you really need to know: Can Dairyland offer you the cheapest car insurance? Or will another company give you a better deal?
Many customers say Dairyland gives them good rates on non-standard insurance policies, but that might not be true for everyone. Every car insurer calculates rates differently, based on several car insurance cost factors: age, driving record, location, current employment, gender, marital status, and (in many states) credit history.
If you’re wondering how much a typical driver pays for coverage, we’ve compiled some average premiums below:
|State||Single Car||Multi Car|
The only way to find your best car insurance rate is to compare real-life quotes from several companies, including Dairyland. Compare.com gives you accurate, personalized quotes from your state’s top carriers. Just enter your ZIP to get started.
How much can I save with Dairyland Insurance?
Dairyland offers most of the standard discounts — like a multi-policy discount and defensive driving discount — as well as a few extras. For instance, you’ll save if you switch from another insurer (if you’ve held the old policy for more than 6 months), and you’ll save if you don’t wait until the last minute to switch! Here are some of the discounts Dairyland offers:
|Advanced Quote Discount||Get a quote at least a week in advance from the day you need a new insurance policy, and you can save.|
|Transfer Discount||Switch to Dairyland from another insurer, and they’ll reward you with savings. You may get a discount even if you have a short lapse in coverage.|
|Anti-Theft Discount||Get a discount for having an alarm or another anti-theft device on your vehicle.|
|Multi-Vehicle Discount||Get a discount for insuring more than one vehicle with Dairyland.|
|Payment Frequency Discount||If you pay more than the minimum down, and pay your premium quarterly, every six months or yearly, then you’ll save.|
|Homeowner’s Discount||Own a home? You’ll get a discount.|
|Renter’s Discount||In some states, you can get a car insurance discount if you have renter’s insurance.|
|Defensive Driving Discount||If you pass a defensive driving class, you can get a nice discount.|
Where does Dairyland offer coverage?
Dairyland is licensed in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., so it’s a great option for nonstandard drivers with poor driving records all across the U.S.
Is Dairyland right for me?
Now that you know a little more about what Dairyland Insurance offers, is it the best car insurance choice for you? It might be, if:
- You have more than one or two driving violations on your record, and you’re looking for affordable insurance for high-risk drivers.
- You need an SR-22, a non-owner insurance policy, or other non-standard insurance.
- You want good service for a low price.
You don’t have to decide yet! The best way to find low-priced car insurance is to compare customized, real-life quotes. Then, you’ll see which insurance company offers you the lowest rates. Just enter your ZIP code to begin.
What else does Dairyland offer?
Dairyland’s known for offering motorcycle coverage, in addition to regular auto insurance.
Auto & Vehicle
- Can I pay for my car insurance month-to-month? Yes. Dairyland helps customers fit car insurance into their budget with low down payments and a monthly minimum payment plan. They also offer convenient reinstatement and reissue options in most states.
- Does Dairyland offer SR-22 insurance? If you need an SR-22 certificate of insurance because you’ve had past driving violations, Dairyland can help. The company can issue an SR-22 certificate immediately and file it with your state the same day, often electronically.
- Does Dairyland have a mobile app? Yes! While you can’t use it to file a claim, the Dairyland mobile app, available for iOS and Android, lets you access your ID cards, make a payment, get payment reminders, and more.
- What insurance options does Dairyland offer? In addition to the standard coverage elements (liability, collision/comprehensive, uninsured motorist coverage, etc.) Dairyland offers some extra options: rental car reimbursement, towing and labor, lienholder and special equipment coverage.
Dairyland in the community
Dairyland’s parent company, Sentry Insurance, gives generously to various causes. The Sentry Insurance Foundation focuses mainly on education, workforce development, United Way, and the Maui community — home of the Sentry Tournament of Champions, an annual PGA tournament. Sentry has established scholarships for Wisconsin students, purchased computers for local schools, and given $4 million to develop a data analytics program at the University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point. In 2019, Sentry and its employees raised more than $1.2 million for the local Portage County United Way, as well as $300,000 more contributed by its field offices.
Where can I find them on social media?
Connect with Dairyland on most social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.