Why choose Commonwealth Casualty Insurance?
- They offer a range of coverages, including rental and towing
- Policyholders can easily make a payment online, any time – day or night
- Safe drivers can take advantage of their vanishing deductible program
Did you know...?
- Policyholders can sign up from automatic payments – saving you money and time
- Ridesharing coverage is available for Uber and Lyft drivers
- Commonwealth are partnered with the Arizona Diamondbacks, their local baseball team
- Customer Service: 877-603-1310
- Claims: 877-603-1310
- Roadside Assistance: 888-242-7290
- 2500 N 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85008
What is Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance?
Taking a fresh approach to insurance, Commonwealth opened its doors in 2010. Car insurance has a reputation for being expensive, but they believe it should be available to everyone regardless of your social or financial status.
They also understand that what may be perfect for one person may not suit another, which is why their agents will work with you to find a policy that suits your needs and your budget. They have local claims adjusters across Arizona so you can get your claim resolved quickly and efficiently.
Do you moonlight as a Lyft driver? Maybe switch your Uber on to carry passengers a few nights a week? They also offer Commonwealth Rideshare so you can get insured for those trips in addition to your regular Commonwealth policy. Compare prices on Compare.com and then speak to your Commonwealth agent about adding this endorsement.
You can get started comparing prices by entering your zip code below.
How Does Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Work?
With over ten years of insurance experience under their belt, you’re probably wondering what makes Commonwealth run so smoothly. Let’s find out how Commonwealth Casualty auto insurance works and if it’s a good fit for you.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Payments
There are two ways customers can pay for their car insurance with Commonwealth Casualty:
- Pay over the phone by calling their customer service line at 1-877-603-1310.
- Make a payment online with your credit or debit card through their online portal.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Rate Increases
Drivers may see an increase in rates for several reasons such as moving, being involved in an at-fault collision, or getting a divorce. While Commonwealth doesn’t list specific reasons for insurance rate increases, they try to meet customers in the middle with their vanishing deductible discount.
With this option, drivers who have a claims-free year with no missed payments can qualify to reduce their deductible by $100 a year, up to $500.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Claims
To file a claim with Commonwealth Casualty Auto, you’ll need to do so over the phone. Start by calling their claims department at 1-877-603-1310. Before you call, make sure to have the following information on hand:
- Policy number
- Details of the accident
- Photos of the accident
- Name of the other party involved
- Police report details
Having this information can help to speed up the processing of your claim. Although claim processing times vary between customers, Commonwealth promises to deliver vehicle damage estimates in as little as 24 hours.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Discounts
While Commonwealth Casualty insurance offers fewer discounts for car insurance than competitors, they offer more discounts for customers bundling homeowner or renter’s insurance.
Here are some of their discount options:
- Multi-policy discount: Save money by bundling your auto policy with homeowner’s or renter’s insurance.
- Multi-car discount: Insure more than one car with Commonwealth and enjoy savings.
- Claims-free discount: You might qualify to save money with a claims-free discount if you haven’t filed a claim for some time.
- Paid-in-full discount: Save money when you pay for your entire premium upfront for the policy period.
- New home discount: Customers who bundle home and auto insurance can qualify for savings if their home is new construction.
- Vanishing deductible discount: Your deductible is reduced by $100 for every year you go without a claim. You can enjoy savings of up to $500.
Before you focus on securing discounts, you want to make sure you have the best insurance rate. Is Commonwealth Casualty the best option for you? Compare insurance rates against 60+ insurance companies to see.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Commonwealth Casualty Auto insurance offers its drivers a variety of coverage options. While they provide the typical auto insurance coverage, they also offer other add-ons to meet your needs.
- Liability – Bodily Injury: Covers the cost of damage to another person when you are at fault in an accident. Bodily injury covers the medical expenses sustained by the other driver or passengers in the car.
- Liability – Property Damage: Covers the cost of damage to property when you are at fault in an accident. This type of liability covers the repair costs to the other car.
- Collision Coverage: Collision covers the cost of damage to your car when you’re at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This type of policy covers the cost of damage to your vehicle by a storm, hit and run driver, vandalism, etc.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage will reimburse drivers $20 to $30 per day to pay for the cost of a rental car following a covered accident.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This type of coverage pays for of medical expenses after you or your passengers are injured in an accident.
- Rideshare Coverage: Rideshare coverage protects drivers who use their vehicle for rideshare purposes like Uber or Lyft. It provides coverage when the umbrella policy provided by the rideshare company will not.
- Roadside Assistance: Commonwealth Casualty’s roadside assistance program provides 24/7 assistance for towing, battery service, flat tire assistance, emergency fluid delivery service, and lock-out assistance.
Additional Coverage Options
Commonwealth Casualty offers the following options for additional coverage:
- Homeowners Insurance: Commonwealth homeowners insurance includes liability coverage for property damage and lawsuits. It protects your home against damage from nature causes like fire and wind and protects your personal property inside the house. They also offer protection from water backup and service line repairs like piping and wiring.
- Renters Insurance: Along with the standard liability coverage, renters can increase limits for jewelry and electronics. You can also choose the loss of use coverage, providing renters with coverage to pay for additional living expenses and food if their rental unit becomes uninhabitable.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Cost
Insurance costs are based on various factors, which means insurance premiums will vary between drivers. However, here are some average numbers to help you estimate how much you would pay for auto insurance with Commonwealth Casualty.
How much is auto insurance for teen drivers?
Teen drivers can expect to pay a monthly premium of $108 for car insurance.
How much is auto insurance for young drivers?
Young drivers under 25 years old will pay an average of $167/mo for auto insurance.
How much is auto insurance for retired drivers?
Retired drivers will pay a rate of $53/mo for auto insurance.
How much is insurance for women vs. men?
The average insurance cost for women insured by Commonwealth Casualty is $60/mo, while men can expect to pay slightly more at $62/mo.
How much is insurance for married drivers?
On average, married drivers insured by Commonwealth Casualty pay $53/mo.
How much is insurance for non-married drivers?
Non-married drivers pay a monthly premium of $62/mo.
How much is insurance for drivers with a ticket on their record?
Drivers with a single ticket on their record will pay $69/mo.
How much is insurance for drivers with multiple tickets on their record?
Drivers with multiple tickets on their record will pay $75/mo.
How much is insurance for drivers with an accident on their record?
Drivers with an accident on their record can expect to pay $76/mo for auto insurance.
How much is insurance for drivers with multiple accidents on their record?
Drivers with multiple accidents on their record will pay an average of $104/mo for auto insurance.
To get an even better idea of what you can expect to pay for auto insurance with Commonwealth Casualty you can enter your zip code below to start the process of receiving a personalized rate quote.
Where is Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Available?
Commonwealth Casualty auto insurance is only available in Texas and Arizona.
Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance Customer Reviews
|Clearsurance||4.57/5 – 2 reviews|
Commonwealth Casualty was awarded 4.57 stars on the consumer review site Clearsurance. Although they only had two reviews, both mentioned that they found Commonwealth agents professional, kind, and courteous.
Along with positive reviews on Clearsurance, Commonwealth Casualty was awarded an A+ by the Better Business Bureau and an A- by AM Best.
Pros and Cons of Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance
If you’re still on the fence about Commonwealth Casualty Auto insurance, here are a few pros and cons to help you make a final decision.
Pros of Commonwealth Casualty
- Offers many discounts: Commonwealth Casualty offers several discounts to drivers who bundle their home and car insurance.
- Suitable for careful drivers: Drivers with a stellar record can enjoy savings with the vanishing deductible program.
Cons of Commonwealth Casualty
- Limited availability: Commonwealth Casualty is only available in two states 一Texas and Arizona.
- Lacks mobile app: Drivers who want to manage their policy on the go will be disappointed because no mobile app is available.
FAQs About Commonwealth Casualty Auto Insurance
Does Commonwealth Casualty Auto insurance have a mobile app?
No, they don’t. However, Commonwealth does have an online portal where drivers can make payments and view claims.
How do I file a claim with Commonwealth Casualty Auto insurance?
To file a claim with Commonwealth Casualty auto insurance, customers need to call their customer service line and speak with their claims department. You can reach the claims department by calling 1-877-603-1310.
How do I make payments for my Commonwealth Casualty bills?
Customers can make payments online through the customer portal or by phone. You’ll need to use a credit or debit card to make a payment.
Does Commonwealth Casualty Auto insurance offer coverage nationwide?
No, Commonwealth Casualty auto insurance is only available in Texas and Arizona.