Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
The Chevy Silverado is mechanically identical to the GMC Sierra. Introduced in 1998, it replaced the C/K line that had been running for over 20 years. In its third-generation, the Silverado offers a dozen special editions that allow car buyers to get exactly the truck they want. From cosmetic changes, like trim and seating, to power packages, like increased towing capacity, you can customize your truck just how you want it.
Chevrolet Silverado Quick Facts
- The NHTSA overall rating for the Silverado is 5 out of 5 stars
- A partnership with VIA Motors allows there to be a hybrid version of the Silverado
- The Silverado is used by 19 teams on the NASCAR truck racing circuit
In 2019, Chevy will introduce the Silverado LD, a light-duty version of the truck, moving production from Mexico and Detroit to Ontario, Canada. This is the fourth-generation of the Silverado 1500 and gives Silverado buyers a new lighter version of this classic working truck.
The Chevy Silverado has replaced the Chevrolet C/K (C stood for two-wheel drive and K stood for four-wheel drive). When the Silverado was introduced as a heavy-duty truck with a stronger frame, it replaced the C/K. The Silverado has a hydroformed frame that makes it stronger, but lighter. This technology was originally developed for the Corvette.
Chevrolet Silverado Safety Features
- Steering wheel control for hands-free phone calls and Chevrolet My Link usage
- Integrated trailer brake makes towing much safer
- Auto grade braking automatically initiates transmission downshifts on long downgrade
- 4-wheel disc brakes to provide excellent stopping power even with a trailer or a heavy load
- Lane assist, low speed forward automatic braking and forward collision alert are all standard
Chevrolet Silverado Motorsports
Chevy is part of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. In 2016, there were 19 full-time teams using the Silverado. In 2002 and 2003, the Silverado won the Craftsman Truck Series. The Silverado also won the Primm 300 off-road race in 2004, 2005, and 2006.
The Silverado is the US’ 2nd best-selling truck (after the Ford F-150), but Compare.com knows you’ll need first class insurance to cover your ride. Compare Chevrolet Silverado car insurance prices side by side and see how much you can save today.