Toyota Corolla Car Insurance
The Toyota Corolla is one of the most legendary car models, with a place alongside the Corvette, the Model T and the Lincoln Town Car. While it may not be as exciting as the Mustang or as powerful as the F-150, the Corolla is one of the world’s most loved vehicles. Introduced in 1966, has been the best-selling car in the world for a long time, surpassing the Volkswagen Beetle in 1997. As of July 2013 (most recent statistics) Toyota has sold 40 million Corollas over 11 generations of this nameplate.
The Corolla is one of the most internationally manufactured vehicles in the world with plants in Brazil, Canada, China, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Turkey, and Venezuela. That just about covers most of the globe. Oh, and the Corolla is also manufactured in Blue Springs, Mississippi.
Toyota Corolla Quick Facts
- The Toyota Corolla is the world’s best-selling car
- A Corolla is an ancient garland or wreath worn on the head that signified authority and power
- Since 1966, the Corolla has gone through 12 generations, the most recent in 2018
Save Money on Toyota Corolla Car Insurance
The Toyota Corolla has consistently garnered the highest IIHS safety ratings, year after year. Here is a short list of the awards that they’ve received: 2017 IIHS Top Safety Pick +, NHTSA 5-star Overall Safety Rating, and Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand. A new Toyota Corolla typically comes with:
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 with Pedestrian Detection and a Pre-collision System
- Lane Departure Alert as part of the Lane Tracing Assist system
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Automatic High Beam based on the driving environment and oncoming vehicle lights
- 7 Standard airbags and electronic brake-force distribution
Toyota Corolla Motorsports
The Corolla is a favorite of drag racers, street racers and drifters. In fact, in 2018, Toyota partnered with a drift team to design a suspension that was safer around the turn. From the earliest generations to today, the Corolla is a great racing machine.
There are thousands and thousands of aftermarket performance parts available. Converting a Corolla to a performance vehicle is easy to do with lots of possible modifications available.
We’re not saying that every Toyota Corolla is a speed-machine. What we do say: every Toyota Corolla should have good coverage. Shopping for car insurance can be complicated and it’s difficult to know ‘how much car insurance do I need?’. At Compare.com, we’ll make it easy for you to compare Toyota Corolla car insurance prices side by side for free. Start now and see how much you can save!